Change thrust-powerin the files

• Open the aircraft TMD file you wish to edit with notepad++. For example c90gtx.tmd

Look for an entry similar to this one from the c90gtx

<[rigidbody][Fuselage][]

<[float64][Mass][1585.0]>

<[tmvector3d][InertiaLength][ 9.0 1.3 1.5 ]>

<[tmvector3d][R0][-0.2 0.0 0.4]>

<[tmmatrix3d][B0][1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0]>

>

I would suggest copying this line <[float64][Mass][1585.0]> and placing a copy below the existing one for reference should things go wrong. You can edit the original line by putting // at the beginning of the line like this //<[float64][Mass][1585.0]> Using // at the start means that line will be ignored by the sim.

<[rigidbody][Fuselage][]

//<[float64][Mass][1585.0]>

<[float64][Mass][1585.0]>

<[tmvector3d][InertiaLength][ 9.0 1.3 1.5 ]>

<[tmvector3d][R0][-0.2 0.0 0.4]>

<[tmmatrix3d][B0][1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0]>

>

It should now look like above. Change the mass value of the extra line (the one without //) until it suits your desired level. Mass is in Kgs. If it all goes wrong just remove the extra line you added, remove the // and it will be back to default and try again. You can't really break things it just might not always do what you want.

Make sure you use save in notepad++ and not save as, you need to keep the file as a tmd file and not a txt file which is what will happen with save as.

Enjoy

• What is their unit of calculation? I want to make some changes according to the manifest of the real plane :)

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

• When I modified the weight of the aircraft in the TMD, I wanted the VAPP value in the MCDU of the aircraft to be changed to the number I wanted when the aircraft was generated in the Long final. Should I change something in the aircraft TMD file or add a description in the landing_TMD file? I use the A320 of AF2. Thank you very much! 8o

Edited once, last by orangedog433 (August 7, 2022 at 8:04 AM).

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) What parameters are adjusted by the following numbers after float64? Is the volume of the output sound controlled?

<[altitude_callouts][AltitudeCallouts][]

<[float64][DurationCallout5] [0.8]>

<[float64][DurationCallout10] [0.8]>

<[float64][DurationCallout20] [0.8]>

<[float64][DurationCallout30] [0.8]>

<[float64][DurationCallout40] [0.8]>

<[float64][DurationCallout50] [0.8]>

<[float64][DurationCallout100] [1.4]>

<[float64][DurationCallout200] [1.4]>

<[float64][DurationCallout300] [1.4]>

<[float64][DurationCallout400] [1.4]>

<[float64][DurationCallout500] [1.4]>

<[float64][DurationCallout1000] [1.6]>

<[float64][DurationCallout2500] [1.6]>

<[float64][DurationRetardThrustLevers] [1.5]>

<[float64][DurationApproachingMinimums] [1.5]>

<[float64][DurationMinimums] [1.0]>

• It is very nice that IPACS has such a close relationship with its customers, mainly in the person of Jan ( Jet-Pack (IPACS)) but also admin is answering questions or helping with problems. This is a privilege and not natural. However I think user orangedog433 missuses this opportunity. It is even worse as he uses the resource for his own fun and not for something the whole community will benefit, eg. the development of a new airplane. Jan is a developer and it is not fair to use to much of his time to answer questions. I can imagine there is a certain pressure to answer questions quite quickly.

It is up to IPACS how to handle this but I hope this will not influence how close its relationship with their customers will be in the future.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• It is very nice that IPACS has such a close relationship with its customers, mainly in the person of Jan ( Jet-Pack (IPACS)) but also admin is answering questions or helping with problems. This is a privilege and not natural. However I think user orangedog433 missuses this opportunity. It is even worse as he uses the resource for his own fun and not for something the whole community will benefit, eg. the development of a new airplane. Jan is a developer and it is not fair to use to much of his time to answer questions. I can imagine there is a certain pressure to answer questions quite quickly.

It is up to IPACS how to handle this but I hope this will not influence how close its relationship with their customers will be in the future.

Well, maybe I don't understand some of these relationships. I always thought that JetPack was the person in charge of the forum, mainly responsible for managing the forum and the communication between developers and users. Because there are basically such postitions in other official forums of simulation flight. I don't know if he can devote so much energy to communicating with users.

It is also because aerofly has very low requirements for computers, which is very suitable for my computer, also my phone. However, I found that the game often lacks some functions.

When I found that AF supports many user-made content, and I also want to try to participate, including modifying my own aircraft and making some new content.

But as an outsider, I have many doubts when I want to learn a new content. And JetPack has answered many questions for me, so I will find him with dependency when I encounter problems. This may not be right, and I am very grateful for his answers. Maybe it's better than ask questions all the time. I will try to change! thanks a lot! :)

• There was indeed once a person to mangage the forum and answer questions drhotwing1 (IPACS). However he left the company in December 2020. Jan is very knowledgeable about Aerofly's aircraft as he develops all the things which are part of the tmd files and maybe others. He is to my knowledge not a forum moderator but nice enough to answer all questions we have, also in the evenings and over weekends. But this is definitely not his main task.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• The call-out duration parameters are what the name implys, the length of the sound until something else can be played.

I can't keep answering every little question like that, most things you just have to try yourself and compare multiple airplanes to get the big picture.

I'm an aircraft developer and forum moderator.

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) Can I ask what do these mean

<[float64][BetaSlope] [5.0]>

and

<[float64][BetaMax] [1.5]>

in the

B747.tmd in AF2

<[aerowing][RightWingAero and LeftWingAero]

When I changed these two values to the AF4 equivalent of [1.5] and [1.0] .

When the ground spoiler popped out, the nose lift disappeared. The spoiler is working fine!

Of course, if you don't have much time to tell me, please be busy with your work first. Since I have achieved my goal of fixing the aerodynamic problem, I will enjoy flying normally! :) :) :)

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) I found that the sound position of the passenger plane in AF2 was in the center of the model. But the cabin is some distance from the center of the model. It can cause some sounds to be very low volume. Is there any way to modify the location of the sound? Thanks a lot!:)

<[soundinput][AltitudeCallout2500Input][]

<[uint32][InputID][TerrainWarning.Output2500]>

>

<[soundsingle][AltitudeCallout2500][]

<[string8][InputTrigger][AltitudeCallout2500Input.Output]>

<[string8][InputVolume][30]>

<[string8][InputPitch][1.0]>

<[uint32][PositionID][Fuselage.R]>

<[uint32][VelocityID][Fuselage.V]>

<[string8][SoundFile][altitude_callout_2500.wav]>

<[float64][Threshold][0.9]>

<[uint32][Direction][1]>