Fuel B777 - 300

• For the moment you can't change the value of the predefined fuel, even if during the flight you see the quantity decreasing on some aircraft like A320 or Dash 8, it is not yet available for all aircraft

I see , but these means that you can only make an one, one and a half hour trip. If I try to make a 4 h flight what happend? I crash because run out of fuel??? How is that :huh: :?:

• I see , but these means that you can only make an one, one and a half hour trip. If I try to make a 4 h flight what happend? I crash because run out of fuel??? How is that :huh: :?:

No, the fuel system is not perfect enough to affect the functions of other systems. No matter how the fuel system changes, the aircraft parameters will not change. No matter how you fly, the fuel parameters will not change with the displayed value.

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

• Yes you can change the fuel level for the aircraft. Fuel systems are somewhat experimental and prone to leaks, or at least they did when I did them. You will need to look for this line or lines in each aircraft TMD file, use notepad++.

It should be under a fuel_tank entry, (maybe more than one). You may also find this entry under PassengersPayload and CargoPayload, seems it's a quick way to add pax and cargo weight too.

<[float64][FillLevel][0.5]>

Changing the level to 1.0 will give you full tanks, change it to 0.1 and you'll be practicing engine failures =O , if implemented. DO NOT adjust anything else, it's very easy to delete a [ or ] when your not looking, years of practice doing that.

1.0 is the max allowed so no need to try for that around the world trip on one tank of gas.

Do remember to make a backup of the TMD file first just in case and the file will be overwritten if there is a upgrade from IPACS, steam may also do it but I'm not sure on that one.

Master Obi Jan might not like you tinkering with his TMD files but you can't really break the sim with this (I think), if you see a red cube you screwed up. Replace your modified TMD with your backup and all should be good to go. You could also just reverse what you did.

Usual T & C's apply, no money back, no guarantee, your on your own =O

• Wait, does it seem that a full tank of fuel will not affect the flight performance of the aircraft? Weight still needs to be from mass, right?

• Orangedog433, thats not true. The mass in the TMD file is for a full tank (look at TMD files) and only the required percentage is used depending on what the tank level is, just like a real aircraft or helicopter.

As I said above fuel systems are experimental and prone to leaks. Fuel usage can be modelled and using fuel does change the weight and balance. A full fuel system doesn't just have a tank, it has switches, fuel lines, fuel pressure, connections, return lines, fuel pumps or fadec systems, governors (if needed), fuel usage rates and instrumentation to show the fuel tank quantities etc. Like all the systems in FS2 or FS4, its a complex business if you want to be accurate. We also need a working electrical system, an engine or two and the list goes on.

If the TMD file is set correctly running out of fuel will also cause an engine failure. Also, not setting the desired switches can cause fuel to not be correctly pumped around the system, once again effecting CofG and engine failures.

FS2 and FS4 do allow for very accurate systems implementation, not just fuel but electrics, hydraulics, radios, flight parameters etc etc. A full study level aircraft can be created by any user wanting to get his hands dirty, sure it's not easy nor is it quick but it can be done.

Jetpack is a very busy guy as he looks after all the aircraft TMD files for the systems we all take for granted, implementing new systems, programming all the MFD screens and quite often answering questions from developers and users alike.

• If the TMD file is set correctly running out of fuel will also cause an engine failure. Also, not setting the desired switches can cause fuel to not be correctly pumped around the system, once again effecting CofG and engine failures.

So you are saying that I cannot change the fuel from FMC, I have to mess arround with TMD file, and if I do nothing on a long fly I get a ”out of fuel” warning and I crash because of this? :/

• No, the fuel system is not perfect enough to affect the functions of other systems. No matter how the fuel system changes, the aircraft parameters will not change. No matter how you fly, the fuel parameters will not change with the displayed value.

You are wrong, because I have try a flight with A320 from LEMD to LHBP wich takes almost 4h, and before TD I get fuel warning and FOB from 7600 was actualy 1500

• Not saying that at all as I didn't program the A320, only Jetpack can answer that but my guess would be not at the moment . All I'm saying is fuel systems can be simulated fairly accurately, in my Lynx Mk7 these factors were included and changing the FillLevel may help with endurance. All though I could simulate everything I needed as part of the fuel system, there is no way to assign a fuel state from within the sim. It still required a TMD correction.

• You are wrong, because I have try a flight with A320 from LEMD to LHBP wich takes almost 4h, and before TD I get fuel warning and FOB from 7600 was actualy 1500

Yes, too little fuel will trigger a warning. However, the fuel input of MCDU will not change any parameters of the aircraft. The change of fuel value in MCDU will not lead to the change of aircraft weight and aerodynamic model parameters. Triggering alarms is currently the only function available.

• If you examine the TMD file you will see that the default fuel values for the A320 are

LeftFuelTank 0.5

RightFuelTank 0.5

OuterLeftFuelTank 1.0

OuterRightFuelTank 1.0

CenterFuelTank 0.0

Seems to me the tanks are not full to start with, but what do I know :/

• Indeed they are not full. The fuel tanks of A320 have a capacity of 23,860l giving the aircraft a range of 5,000km with the maximum number of passengers. When you start, no matter what the value is 7600 kg. And by the way, is all wrong because the fill tanks are from center , then left/right and outer, because otherwise you affect the CG of aircraft. Maybe this will help?

A320-Fuel.pdf

Edited once, last by Art69 (August 7, 2022 at 9:01 PM).

• The oil tank outside the wing set in the document is 691kg × 2. The inner oil tank is set with 2435kg × 2. The central oil tank is provided with a small load of 548kg. Then the adjustable fuel load value is 9435kg × 0.635 and 12600kg × 0.5.

I checked the FCOM of airbus320. The maximum fuel load of the model with two additional center tanks is 23666kg. These values add up to 19091kg, not exceeding the allowable range.(but this number has exceeded the number set by MCDU,7600kg)

But when both fuel loads reach the maximum value. The fuel weight reached 28835kg.

what? How did the fuel weight of the aircraft exceed the maximum allowable range? This is very unusual. :/

<[fuel_deprecated_tank][CargoPayload][]

<[string8][Body][Cargo]>

<[float64][MassEmpty][100.0]>

<[float64][MassFull][9435.0]>

<[float64][FillLevel][0.635]>

<[fuel_deprecated_tank][PassengersPayload][]

<[string8][Body][Passengers]>

<[float64][MassEmpty][160.0]>

<[float64][MassFull][12600.0]>

<[float64][FillLevel][0.5]>

fuel right and left

<[rigidbody][GasoilInnerWingRight][]

<[float64][Mass][2435.0]>

<[rigidbody][GasoilOuterWingLeft][]

<[float64][Mass][691.0]>

fuel center

<[rigidbody][GasoilFuselage][]

<[float64][Mass][548.0]>

Edited once, last by orangedog433 (August 7, 2022 at 9:14 PM).

• Someone made here a miscalculation and they have to review everything, because you don t come out on a market with a product that cost money and have these error inside. I gues the Aerofly FS 4 is a hole ”work in progress”. Hope they fix soon al these stuff, because these are not free aircraft wich you download for free. I mean if I buy a Aerosoft aircraft or a PMDG I don t see these kind weird things. I came from a long history of flight sim since FSX and I have buy both Aerosoft and PMDG aircraft and I hope I could see some similar product here also.

• If you buy from aerosoft or PMDG you get add-on products where one airplane costs as much as our 25ish airplanes. You can't compare these two markets.

The fuel system is experimental and just like in the real world changing the entries in the MCDU won't do anything to the actual fuel in the tanks. It's it how the real airplane works and it's a hack done by some add-on developers to get around the menus of other flight sims.

Most of our airplanes are set to be under maximum landing mass so you cannot have the fuel tanks full.

Changing the TMD file is possible just know that Steam can wipe any changes you made automatically and you can cause crashes if done incorrectly.

Regards,

Jan

• If you buy from aerosoft or PMDG you get add-on products where one airplane costs as much as our 25ish airplanes. You can't compare these two markets.

The fuel system is experimental and just like in the real world changing the entries in the MCDU won't do anything to the actual fuel in the tanks. It's it how the real airplane works and it's a hack done by some add-on developers to get around the menus of other flight sims.

Most of our airplanes are set to be under maximum landing mass so you cannot have the fuel tanks full.

Changing the TMD file is possible just know that Steam can wipe any changes you made automatically and you can cause crashes if done incorrectly.

So you are telling that there are no future update regaarding the dynamics of aircraft? I mean what is the point that you simulate the door opening, but you cannot program the flight correctly? How you can call it a flight simulator if the hole flight is rule by the TOW and fuel on board? It's really a joke . I don t want to modify any file, I want to sit in the cockpit and program my flight correctly, this was the point of the thread. You cannot toggle from FMC a discontinuity from the route also. So if I make a FP with Sim Brief for ex I cannot use it, because the FMC is not implemented. I can pass the fact that you don t have a real weather , even so this was from the time of FSX that all the other flight sim have untill our days, but consider very serious an update at least for the fuel and FMC fully functional, because this is the basic of a flight simulator.