A320 Beginners Tutorial on Wiki - Newbie trouble doing the auto landing

• Hi All,

Version: Steam Aerofly FS 4 Version 4.0.1.15

I followed the A320 beginners tutorial on the wiki here multiple times but I haven't successfully auto landed without forcing the issue in some manner, and I think I am following the steps to the letter. Things first seem to be a bit off on the descent as it doesn't descend as quickly as the external bars in the air show, then the external bars on airport approach seem too low to me (but on that I could be wrong). Then I am fairly certain I have captured the ILS OK a few times and done the other steps but it still then stays high and seems to follow the Altitude selection. Any ideas what I am missing, or what I might be doing wrong, any advice appreciated

• Unfortunately I can't fix the green boxes in the sky, they often don't represent what the actual flight management computer will shoot for and what the autopilot is currently doing. It's ok if you don't fly through them all the time.

Hi Jan, yes that's fair enough. FYI it still won't auto land and just overfly's the runway for me, possibly I am doing something wrong that causes that ?

• Hi Jan, yes that's fair enough. FYI it still won't auto land and just overfly's the runway for me, possibly I am doing something wrong that causes that ?

Did you push the APPR button in time? The ILS glide slope needs to be intercepted to be captured. When you are high on profile you can end up above the glide slope and even if you arm the approach by pressing APPR it cannot capture it. In that case you'd have to tell the autopilot to descent and force an intercept by bringing the glide slope needle back to center.

• I28R is the ILS 28R and should be correct. R28RZ is an RNAV approach for 28R with revision Z (first change since that approach was created) and is based on GPS and other area navigation means and is not suited for autoland. The RNAV approach doesn't use the ILS.

Can you please upload a screenshot using the I28R when you are expecting the ILS to be captured but when it doesn't work as intended? Please take a screenshot of the instruments, as well as the autopilot panel, maybe I can spot something.