Aerofly FS 4 September Update Now Available

• New Trailer and new Update for Aerofly FS 4 with the new aerial images are now live :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

See our blogpost as well

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    September 28, 2022 at 12:29 PM
  • 201 GB for my non beta update

Oh my God. I hope a lot of files would be replaced and not only added.

[EDIT] I launched it for 201 GB and 2 days 20 hours, Steams seems to have wiped a lot of things and download news

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (September 28, 2022 at 5:42 PM).

• Oh my God. I hope a lot of files would be replaced and not only added.

Yes, most aerial images are getting replaced with new higher resolution images also using a more efficient compression.

Total size for me before the update was 218GB, with update 217GBs. So more detail now fits into the same storage space as before which is great!

• Yes, most aerial images are getting replaced with new higher resolution images also using a more efficient compression.

Total size for me before the update was 218GB, with update 217GBs. So more detail now fits into the same storage space as before which is great!

Glad I was on the beta already so the update was only ~41Gb. The new version is 4.00.03.05 so I guess both versions are the same for now.

All seems to be working fine so far with my Q2/rtx3090 using Air Link. That new Airport Courchevel with the steep sloped runway is crazy fun. Only problem is that while it shows a helipad on the location map, you just end up on a bit of low res dirt. Also, no lighting is available. Not that you would want to fly in at night anyway I guess, lol!

In any case, nice to see a FS4 update and I look forward to see more updates/improvements in the near future. Thanks.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• That new Airport Courchevel with the steep sloped runway is crazy fun.

Talking about Courchevel, have any of you already managed to land an airliner there? 8) 8o

You can fly a parabola from underneath the runway threshold elevation (which lowers your stall speed) and drop onto the runway near or below stall speed just beyond the white line. After touchdown the increasing runway slope at the start of the runway result in a very high downforce on the wheels and together with maximum braking that results in a good deceleration rate early on. With max reverse and max brake and without bouncing at touch down it is possible to decelerate just enough to not jump at the hilltop and remain on the ground. Quite a challenge I must say, especially in a 747 or A380 where you sit so high above the runway.

• Airliner landing in Courchevel, hmmm....?

10,000+ hours in Aerofly, "hold my beer".

Target acquired...

Final approach, much too low for a general aviation aircraft but pretty much at perfect touch down angle.

Or rather impact angle for an airliner that isn't as agile. GPWS all OFF and landing checklist no blue.

Raise the nose and increase power to MCT to reduce impact angle as much as possible. keeping power very high.

Airplane yells "SPEED SPEED", yeah I don't plan on flying much longer, it's ok pshhhht.

Touch down at 120kt with a vertical speed of +1000ft/min (you don't hear that often...), slam on the brakes immediately, thanks to high N1 max reverse thrust kicks in almost immediately as well, increasing upslope presses wheels onto the runway increasing friction to beyond what's normally possible. 18% slope kicks in and slows down the plane.

Skidding over the top of the hill with around 80kt left and with wheels squeaking...

Still decelerating well thanks to spoilers out, keeping us planted on the ground and max reverse

And voila... Plenty of room to spare...

• Well its 12:10am EST and I started the download at 8pm my time and I'm only at 107.8 gigs and still counting. Its telling me 3.03hrs to finish. OMG STEAM is so slow and at some points it was all over the map the network. No consistency in the download stream. Grrr :rolleyes: Unfortunately I had to uninstall FS2 to make room on my 1 TB drive, and lost all the extra user content I downloaded and installed from flight-sim.org. All the DLC's I bought for FS2 are in my STEAM library thank god for that, and I can have them back if I ever want to re-install FS2 someday. I guess little consolation to have the latest and greatest FS4 right....? Something had to give. *sigh* ;)

I've moved both fs2 and fs4 from my 1tb ssd drive to my 4Gb hhd without any problems. Both versions still load up pretty fast. I never lost any of my fs2 user data from flight-sim dot org. It all just just remained in my Document folder and works fine.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Vielen Dank für die tolle Arbeite bei IPACS und das "SSU - September Super Update" :thumbup:. Mir gefällt Aerofly FS 4 immer besser. Was mir auf den erste Blick noch nicht so gut gefällt, sind die Wasserübergänge an Küsten oder auch z. B. im Bodensee. Vielleicht kann man da in der Zukunft noch mal was machen. Ansonsten gehe ich jetzt erst mal fliegen ;).

Viele Grüße
    Jürgen

• Great work with this update. Thanks for all of your hard work. One thing I've noticed: there are jagged edges along some coast lines where for instance rivers meet the sea. Is there a way of smoothing these out?

• No room on my HHD. 156 gigs left only. FS4 is considerably greater than FS2, as I mentioned something had to give. Change is good. :thumbup:

Almost 6am and at 95% whilst I slept. What is wrong with STEAM....? The network keeps going in and out, in and out. This is deplorable. X( Its telling me 15 mins left.

UPDATE: Its done, now its verifying, oh boy here we go, another long wait *sigh*.

**Is this Update supposed to be 216.5 gigs...? :/**

For goodness sake just get a larger hhd drive. A 4Gb sata only costs about $100. And ya, as others have already mentioned a few times on this thread the download is about 217Gb.

• No room on my HHD.

It seems that Steams replaces some files and not adds 201 GB of data.

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    September 28, 2022 at 6:35 PM

And this what it looks like to happen with my 2 days 20 hours download.

I would even say that Steams has wiped out over dated files to be replaced by updated files, and has done something to allocated the required storage (a kind of reservation).

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (September 29, 2022 at 1:18 PM).