• A proper VNAV descent is not possible on the Boeing 787. The Glide Path is constantly exceeded. The Speed also increases constantly up to the Limit. All other Boeing Aircraft are working. Despite the Navigation Flight Plan, the Aircraft is always too high and much too fast in front of the ILS reception. Nice Plane but not Usable.

Please share Your experience with this Plane.

Thanks

• OKTwister’s thread from January is about controlling the 787 speed in the descent. There is a very interesting ‘Boeing 787 detailed design mission’ link in post # 15. The link gives real world performance that should be mirrored when descending the Aerofly 787, a lot of speed brake is needed in the sim to copy the real world descent (without speed brake).

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    January 28, 2022 at 9:48 PM
  • OK

I'll trai Today

Thanks for the Info 🖖

Sorry but I've tried the Spoiler and I'm still far too high in Front of the ILS. The VNAV does not keep the Glideslope. Your Statement is incorrect. No matter wich Boeing I fly, all except the B787 work. I stand by my Statement that the B787 does not work correctly in VNAV Descent. I think You use a different Descent Method.

• I would generally slow down about 40 kts before descent to allow more leeway and control. I also have seen inconsistent VNAV performance on the B787. I find I need to intervene with VS settings to capture the VNAV path, sometimes 2 or 3 times on a descent.

But once on VNAV PTH mode then I have found it to be accurate. Its just that the aircraft sometimes loses the VNAV path. Following the green dot and intercepting the path with VS adjustments seems to work. Once on target again then press the VNAV mode button and push in the ALT knob to re-engage.

• I would generally slow down about 40 kts before descent to allow more leeway and control. I also have seen inconsistent VNAV performance on the B787. I find I need to intervene with VS settings to capture the VNAV path, sometimes 2 or 3 times on a descent.

But once on VNAV PTH mode then I have found it to be accurate. Its just that the aircraft sometimes loses the VNAV path. Following the green dot and intercepting the path with VS adjustments seems to work. Once on target again then press the VNAV mode button and push in the ALT knob to re-engage.

Yes, that's a good solution too. I even believe that the Problem only exists at certain Airports. VNAV works at some Airports. It is very confusing.

• OKTwister’s thread from January is about controlling the 787 speed in the descent. There is a very interesting ‘Boeing 787 detailed design mission’ link in post # 15. The link gives real world performance that should be mirrored when descending the Aerofly 787, a lot of speed brake is needed in the sim to copy the real world descent (without speed brake).

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    January 28, 2022 at 9:48 PM

But in the end it’s still a bug if a descent with spoilers represents a descent without spoilers irl right?

• There is another way, set the altitude of the destination Airport, after the TOD Point push the Aispeed Knob to perform a Speed Intervention. Rotate the Aispeed Knob to set a manual target Aispeed.

IAS ca. 250-220 +/- landing Speed 142- 150 , Flaps 30. No Speed Brake

My landing was good