Aerofly FS 4 September Update Now Available

• If you have a slow connection or are low on storage space you can uninstall the Europe DLC before updating. Then reinstall. The update replaces most files so the overall storage required remains the same but during the download steam allocates a lot of space to download new content before it deletes old stuff.

• during the download steam allocates a lot of space to download new content before it deletes old stuff.

I think Steam has cleared old stuff before downloading. And yes it has allocated the required space after clearing.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (September 29, 2022 at 8:14 PM).

• Hello everyone, After recent update, I am having an issue with the sim. After releasing the break, pushing power for take off, nothing happens the plane stay stuck on the runway and this happen with all plane. Any suggestion ??? Thanks in advance for your help.

Babar66

CNTBB:)

• Hello everyone, After recent update, I am having an issue with the sim. After releasing the break, pushing power for take off, nothing happens the plane stay stuck on the runway and this happen with all plane. Any suggestion ??? Thanks in advance for your help.

It happens to me before the update (currently downloading…).

It is because I use Thrustmaster Airbus. I assigned brake to the slider of the joystick. But this slider (and others of the products) starts at 50% (in Aerofly mind) whatever its real position. So at starting Aerofly is braking.

I move every sliders, joysticks, push every buttons before launching the flight session. Doing that, a slight move is enough to retrieve the normal way.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• Dear IPACS,

Just in case, don’t immediately re-update the September update.

Think to the ones who need 3 days downloading…

I fear that a re-update would kill the current downloading.

Thanks.

• Vielen Dank für Eure gute Arbeit, bin echt gespannt auf das Update (Müsste in 5 Stunden runtergeladen sein). Ich will ja nicht nerven, nur kleine Frage: Ist geplant, irgendwann mal Motion-Simulator-fähige Telemetrie zu implementieren? Das wäre ECHT riesig!

• It happens to me before the update (currently downloading…).

It is because I use Thrustmaster Airbus. I assigned brake to the slider of the joystick. But this slider (and others of the products) starts at 50% (in Aerofly mind) whatever its real position. So at starting Aerofly is braking.

I move every sliders, joysticks, push every buttons before launching the flight session. Doing that, a slight move is enough to retrieve the normal way.

Hello, Sorry I found the problem : it was the rudder "wheels brake" function, who was badly assigned.. Now it work fine. But still having problem with the speed brake function which is assigned wrongly. It seems that "speed brake function" is in conflict with the "spoilers arm function". But I don't know how to cancel or remove the binding at "spoilers arm function" ? If someone at Aerofly is reading me please tell me what to do ? Thanks a lot.

Babar66

• ;( Wääää-... fourth time I try to download the 200 GB from steam. Another two day tryout. I have a good internet connection but steam does not let me download with an appropiate speed. And always if I have to interrupt I have to start new. Is there a possibility to download in parts? Or spead up steam?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• ;( Wääää-... fourth time I try to download the 200 GB from steam. Another two day tryout. I have a good internet connection but steam does not let me download with an appropiate speed. And always if I have to interrupt I have to start new. Is there a possibility to download in parts? Or spead up steam?

Hallo Michael,

I had the same problem. Steam should continue the download from where it ended. From what I was reading in the internet, it should work when making a backup of the batch files (steam/steamapps/downloading) before closing steam. After the next start, the files will be writen new. Pasting the backups and the download should continue where it ended.
    Well, for me it didn't work out, so I uninstalled the DLCs. The main program has around 50 GB, what is more easy to handle. Now I'm just adding the DLCs one after one back again.

Grüsse,

Kai

• Steam should continue the download from where it ended

In fact, no. I had an internet connection problem at 25 GB from the end. And Steam restarted the 3 days download from beginning.

So I unchecked all DLCs to only download the basic product. I also think that after that I will have to clear download cache to wiped the previous 175 GB download that is clearly ignored. It looks like it is dead data.

[EDIT] it was not necessary to clear the download cache, Steam did it after installing.

Then I’ll go to a neighbor’s home to download Europe because he has fiber internet.

douglas55 I think I saw black patches since I downloaded this summer USA More Aerial Photos DLC.

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (October 1, 2022 at 5:25 PM).

• In fact, no.

Yes, I experienced it three times in a row. From all what I have been reading in the internet, 50% say it is no problem und 50% lost the download progress..

Was habt ihr alle für eine Internetleitung, bei mir ist das in 2 Stunden rundergelad!!!!! :/

Wenn ich vor die Türe geh, dann bin ich mitten in der finnischen Natur und zum See sind es 5 Meter. Dafür kann ich mit einem langsamen Internet gut leben 8o

Kai

• Hallo Michael,

I had the same problem. Steam should continue the download from where it ended. From what I was reading in the internet, it should work when making a backup of the batch files (steam/steamapps/downloading) before closing steam. After the next start, the files will be writen new. Pasting the backups and the download should continue where it ended.
    Well, for me it didn't work out, so I uninstalled the DLCs. The main program has around 50 GB, what is more easy to handle. Now I'm just adding the DLCs one after one back again.

Grüsse,

Kai

As I suppose Aerofly Moderator is reading this forum I am having a question. Why do we have to support so slow servers from Steam ? Is there any technical way to solve this problem ?? Thanks guys

Babar66

• Yes, I experienced it three times in a row. From all what I have been reading in the internet, 50% say it is no problem und 50% lost the download progress..

Wenn ich vor die Türe geh, dann bin ich mitten in der finnischen Natur und zum See sind es 5 Meter. Dafür kann ich mit einem langsamen Internet gut leben 8o

Kai

Das stimmt,ich komme mal vorbei!! ^^ :) :) :)

Schönen Samstag euch noch :)