Aerofly FS 4 September Update Now Available

• Ich habe eine sehr schnelle (2000er) Internetleitung und auch bei mir hat es länger gedauert, ca. 2,5 Stunden.

Ich habe den Taskmanager geöffnet und herausgefunden, dass das Laufwerk, auf dem installiert wird, der Flaschenhals ist.

Die Installation startet bereits während des Downloads und die Geschwindigkeit hängt dann nicht vom Server sondern von der Schreibgeschwindigkeit des Laufwerkes ab. Dabei ist grundsätzlich eine SSD zu bevorzugen.

I have a very fast (2000s) internet line and it took me longer too, about 2.5 hours.

I opened the task manager and found that the drive it is installing to is the bottleneck.

The installation already starts during the download and the speed does not depend on the server but on the writing speed of the drive. Generally, an SSD is to be preferred. (Google Translation)

• I now have the basic Aerofly FS 4 September 22' Update...

(slow internet, I was forced to uncheck the DLCs for the moment)

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• I can offer a bottle of wine to my neighbor where I downloaded Europe 1 and 2 in 10 minutes each.

It looks good after a quick look.

Let’s fly…

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• Dear IPACS Team, Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Thank you, I really love the September 22' Update. Thank you.

Now, I always plan flights over Europe from dusk to night of from dawn to morning.

By the way, the update process was terrific for my internet connection. I would appreciate touch by touch updates, if it is possible and so on.

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I noticed that street lights appear at 20 Nm or so. The first time, it was at LA, so OK, it is a very high density area. I told to myself that in Europe in normal density areas I should see farther than 20 Nm. Unfortunately it is the same.

Is there a way, on your side, to separate the street lights layer from buildings layer? So, street lights could be shown farther (if they don't cost a lot of processing). By day, showing building at 20 Nm makes the illusion in some ways.

Just a humble idea from a non-developper guy ;) .

• PCVR performance in FS4 is now much lower with my Q2/rtx3090 than FS2. I run FS2 at just about everything Ultra and FS4 at everything medium. Running at 80Hz refresh with latest nvidia driver 517.48. This is flying the r22 at the LA Heliports. FS2 is smooth-as, FS4 - lots of stutters. Maybe that landing light that now shows up in VR with FS4 eats up a lot of resources, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Fascinating to read that you have stutters in Fs4. I am running VR at full res and I have no stutter at all. Yesterday I've flown from Wangen Lachen to Mollis. I am able to read all instruments crispy clear, I have a fluid flying experience and on top of this the whole thing loads extremely quick. I did exactly the same flight in the other sim and this one has no clear instruments, stutters and jitters while I move my head. Considering that it was developed from my Reverb G2 in conjunction with HP, this is a nightmare. So no, FS4 for me is working as designed.

What I noticed, is that in the last beta, the custom ground textures don't load all any longer while flying. Some load others not. It loads in patches. Not sure why.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• PCVR performance in FS4 is now much lower with my Q2/rtx3090 than FS2. I run FS2 at just about everything Ultra and FS4 at everything medium. Running at 80Hz refresh with latest nvidia driver 517.48. This is flying the r22 at the LA Heliports. FS2 is smooth-as, FS4 - lots of stutters. Maybe that landing light that now shows up in VR with FS4 eats up a lot of resources, lol!

Have you tried using open gl instead of vulkan? I get much better performance with my Q2 when I use open gl

• I’m also using Vulcan with low AA settings. FS4 settings all medium except shadows and trees both Low and building high. I may try OpenGL but previously that performed worse.

Also tried my Vive Pro1 and also got poor results. FS4 has always been more resource hungry than FS2 but after today’s beta update FS4 is now much worse. Low flying helicopters in cities really shows this problem.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• I'm using openGL, and have my Nvidia PC settings to default and "let the application decide" checked off and trying to get FS4 to run smoothly in 4k (my TV is 4k capable) and I can't for the life of me get FS4 to run smooth. Especially low flying with the EC-135. I have tried every combination of graphical, and quality settings in the SIM to no avail. I have 16gigs DDR4 PC RAM and 6gigs GDDR6 VRAM for my video card, GTX 1660 SUPER. I'm at my wits end here......Grrrrrrr

UPDATE: I put the SIM in "Windows Mode", Vsync set to "ON", set Graphics Quality all to "Medium", except Shadow Quality set @ (low). All NVidia settings to default, set Windows to 50 Hz, the SIM is steady at 50 fps and smooth. That's where its staying now. :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by douglas55 (October 6, 2022 at 5:11 PM).

• GTX 1660 is not recommended for 4k. I suggest you go 1440p

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz