Aerofly FS 4 September Update Now Available

• Hi,

with the latest beta update I get stutters and lower framerates in VR as well. Setup is Core i9-9900K, RTX2080TI, Vulcan. Now even the blue selection-screen shakes in VR when I move my head. That never happened before. Aerofly FS2 still runs smooth, so it is unlikely that Steam VR or the Nvidia driver causes it.

Greetings

Ludger

Edited once, last by Humpi (October 6, 2022 at 11:10 PM).

• @Humpi: That will be fixed with a new update tomorrow as well.

Ok, hopefully fixes will help. Also have found that the r22 landing light sometimes fails to project properly. I often end up with a useless triangle of light just below the heli. I'm pretty close to opting out of Beta and just go back to the current final release. At least that was a lot more stable and a bit better performance as well (still not anywhere near FS2 VR performance/smoothness though).

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Well I'm now convinced what was said about FS4 being for the *new* modern high end video cards. My video card sucks, it can't handle it (well barely). As I said above about being in windows mode and all was well, I spoke too soon. I came home tonight, fired it up, and hiccups galore, regardless if quality settings are set to Low, Medium or High. I'm running @ 50Hz and if I set it to @ 60 Hz its worse. I have Vsync on and if its off it makes no difference. So back to FS2 I go until I can afford a better video card (one day) in the distant future. *sigh* X(

• I can report with a 3080 I can fly stutter free in VR with Quest 2 with everything set to ultra and VR graphics settings at 1.25 in cities and 1.50 in the country. But the catch is I cannot do this without using Oculus Tray Tool application set at forced 45. I’m not bragging about my set up by no means, but if anyone is having trouble with stutters and using a Quest 2 with a beefy card, try using the tray tool. It works wonders.

Edited once, last by Verserage (October 7, 2022 at 4:00 AM).

• I can report with a 3080 I can fly stutter free in VR with Quest 2 with everything set to ultra and VR graphics settings at 1.25 in cities and 1.50 in the country. But the catch is I cannot do this without using Oculus Tray Tool application set at forced 45. I’m not bragging about my set up by no means, but if anyone is having trouble with stutters and using a Quest 2 with a beefy card, try using the tray tool. It works wonders.

Ya, of course you can 1/2 your headset frame rate for improved performance. Try flying a heli around LA Heliports and you’ll notice lag and building blur. As long as you’re happy with this result that’s great though. Cheers

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Dear admin

With the September 22' Update, I can now confirm that the buildings and street lights are display from 15 NM or so (maybe less).

Now, you are shocked by seeing buildings appearing as much as you are approaching an airport from 12/15 NM.

Maybe, it only concerns macOS where I am using to flying Aerofly FS 4.

Before this update, I said to whom wanted to hear: "you have endless buildings, endless trees, endless clouds". Today, I quite no longer say it, only clouds appear to be endless.

Trees seem to be concerned too.

I hope there will be a solution...

Best regards.

Frank

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• OK, just got another beta update today 4.00.5.1. I used my OG Vive Pro since it is a bit more efficient with SteamVR than my Q2. Performance still sucks and the r22 heli landing light does not work properly (get a triangle of light under the front of the heli). I think I'll opt out of the beta for now even though I'm probably looking at a lot of downloading, lol! Bit disappointing to be honest. Thankfully FS2 still works very well. Cheers.

• OK, just got another beta update today 4.00.5.1. I used my OG Vive Pro since it is a bit more efficient with SteamVR than my Q2. Performance still sucks and the r22 heli landing light does not work properly (get a triangle of light under the front of the heli). I think I'll opt out of the beta for now even though I'm probably looking at a lot of downloading, lol! Bit disappointing to be honest. Thankfully FS2 still works very well. Cheers.

The download should be quite small, as far as I know the only difference from release to beta are small changes to the executable.

• UPDATE: So as per MartinM's comment back on page 4 of this thread, as stubborn as I am, I attempted to run FS4 in 1440p in every concievable combination of graphic and quality settings "known to man" (kidding aside) lol The result : Nada, zip, no stability in choppyness, smoothness, butter free flying. So I uninstalled FS4, (because I need the drive space anyway), and its in my STEAM library for when I get a better video card. I tried. :( But at least I have FS2 and all the DLC's for it and can still fly my beloved EC-135 :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by douglas55 (October 7, 2022 at 8:59 PM).

• UPDATE: So as per MartinM's comment back on page 4 of this thread, as stubborn as I am, I attempted to run FS4 in 1440p in every concievable combination of graphic and quality settings "known to man" (kidding aside) lol The result : Nada, zip, no stability in choppyness, smoothness, butter free flying. So I uninstalled FS4, (because I need the drive space anyway), and its in my STEAM library for when I get a better video card. I tried. :( But at least I have FS2 and all the DLC's for it and can still fly my beloved EC-135 :thumbup:

That is pretty much what you ended up doing back on the 6th of July. I am back on DTG Flight Sim World on my laptop because neither FS4 or MSFS likes the machine much. I do however have FS4 and MSFS installed and kept up to date on my Desktop machine in the home office. What I do not have is access to that while my work continues to use the machine for work! She will retire by March I hope. :)

• The download should be quite small, as far as I know the only difference from release to beta are small changes to the executable.

When I opted out of beta absolutely nothing happened. I checked and no files were added/modified. Not sure but maybe a problems with steam. So I just uninstalled FS4 and I'm now reinstalling everything. Only about another hour to go, lol!

• OK, after uninstalling FS4, then +3 hours downloading/installing the non-beta (which should be 4.00,03,05, main menu About)) I've ended up with the beta version 4.00.05.01. Again, I'm def off the Properties/ beta (= none). No big surprise, but it works exactly the same as the last beta, including all its bugs.

I'm not sure what the problem is? Either there is a problem with Steam software delivery (which I've never seen before) or the developer is not linking to the correct version. Who, knows? All I can say is that I'm not a very happy chappy right now, lol!

• After the latest patch VR runs stutter free on my system again. Thank you for the repair! With i9-9900K, RTX2080ti and Reverb G2 stutter free flights are achievable with Vulcan, cirrus clouds and everything set to max at render scale 1.0. Cumulus clouds or higher render scales do cause some stutter when looking sideways. „The other sim“ can not achieve that, even with DLSS.

Edited once, last by Humpi (October 8, 2022 at 8:00 AM).

• After the latest patch VR runs stutter free on my system again. Thank you for the repair! With i9-9900K, RTX2080ti and Reverb G2 stable 90 Hz are achievable with Vulcan, cirrus clouds and everything set to max at render scale 1.0. Cumulus clouds or higher render scales do cause some stutter when looking sideways. „The other sim“ can not achieve that, even with DLSS.

Sorry mate but I have a hard time believing this. Esp. since I have a much better rtx3090 gpu and am testing it with my OG Vive Pro SteamVR headset using 100% steam visuals, so probably a bit less res than your G2. Maybe depends where you fly? Try a heli at the LA Heliports. BTW, if you are using a cheat like motion smoothing then that hardly counts, lol!

• @TomC RLG: Please try flying somewhere else than LA area and report back. The LA area is extremly heavy on the GPU, there are just houses over houses. If you fly for example in EDDF or KSFO performance should be much better. Please also report your quality settings, including VR settings. Even with a 3090 it might be necessary to adjust some settings when using VR.

Also keep in mind that normal release channel and beta are currently the same.

• @douglas55: You keep reporting it works and then again it doesn't. If you can report to us your GPU and your quality settings, we can check and see what the issue might be. We also recommend to NOT mess with the NVIDIA settings at all. Leave everything at default. If you have a 6 GB GPU, areas like Los Angeles are probably too much for this card, or you need to reduce the quality settings. Especially the buildings density and quality has a huge impact on the GPU memory consumption, so reducing this should also help.

• Dear admin

How about my feeling that since September Update it seems that the buildings are not shown over than 15 NM maybe less (macOS M1 GPU 14-core 16 GB).

Thanks

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited 3 times, last by FrankLFRS (October 8, 2022 at 10:44 AM).