Throttle problem with multi engine aircraft if throttle is set in both "Controls/Multi engine" and "Controls/General/Airplane"

• I have a problem with the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition on FS4 on my Mac when I assign THROTTLE and THRUST REVERSE in both "Controls/General/Airplane" and "Controls/Multi engine" at the same time, which in my experience is necessary:

- for flying with single engine airplanes I need the assignment of THROTTLE and THRUST REVERSE in "Controls/General/Airplane"

- for flying multi-engine airplanes I need the assignment of THROTTLE and THRUST REVERSE in "Controls/Multi engine"

I explain the problem using the Q400 as an example. For the other multi-engine aircraft P38, Baron58, KingAir as well as F15E, F/A18C, LJ45, CRJ900LR, B737-500, B777-300ER, B787-10, B7474-400, A320 and A380 it is comparable (for each aircraft I have a detailed table).

The following table shows how THROTTLE 2 behaves in FS4 in the five possible positions, depending on which position THROTTLE 1 is in. I know that there are also cases in there which are not used so rather, but THROTTLE 2 must be generally independent of THROTTLE 1.

Problems only occur, if THROTTLE 1

-- firstly is assigned in "Controls/General/Airplane" as throttle as well as in "Controls/Multi engine" as throttle 1 is

and

-- secondly, is in the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition in the positions "[3] -- FLIGHT IDLE", "[4]" or "[5] -- RATING".

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Go to Best Answer
  • Thanks for looking into this. :)

Until it is resolved I will not assign THROTTLE and TRHUST REVERSE under "Controls/General/Airplane" because I fly mostly multi-engine aircraft. And if I want to fly single-engine aircraft, I can quickly add THROTTLE and THRUST REVERSE to "Controls/General/Airplane".

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries