Aerofly FS 4 / macOS Ventura / M1 Mac

• Hi everyone.

macOS Ventura just enters on release candidate version. The final version will be probably released the 24th October.

Does Aerofly FS 4 run ok on the actual macOS Ventura Beta?

Especially on M1/M2 Mac?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Yes, it runs very well with sometimes a little bit low fps in very high density areas mostly in the US.

Thank you. The FPS drop in high density areas is actually happening with the current version of macOS.

But, on screen, I'm not focused on FPS (with VR, it's an other thing, where FPS is a major feature), I could widely be OK with 30 FPS if it allows me to have a farther drawing of buildings/trees/street lights.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• Yesterday I installed the operating system macOS Ventura (= version 13.0) on my MacBookPro (chip: Apple M1 Mac).

While FS2 obtained from the AppStore starts without problems, the versions FS2beta, FS4 and FS4beta obtained via STEAM start with this Message:

I have already uninstalled FS4/FS4beta and re-uploaded -- without change.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Yesterday I installed the operating system macOS Ventura (= version 13.0) on my MacBookPro (chip: Apple M1 Mac).

While FS2 obtained from the AppStore starts without problems, the versions FS2beta, FS4 and FS4beta obtained via STEAM start with this Message:

I have already uninstalled FS4/FS4beta and re-uploaded -- without change.

Hi,

Did you launch AFS4 via Steams?

Because Steams is a pure Intel Program whereas ASF4 is an Universal Application.

Until from now Steam was able to launch this kind of application (it wasn't the case before), but maybe this newest macOS has changed something.

Regards.

• I have launched all versions downloaded via STEAM both from the STEAM app and without STEAM directly from my Mac -- unfortunately the error always occurs.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• I have launched all versions downloaded via STEAM both from the STEAM app and without STEAM directly from my Mac -- unfortunately the error always occurs.

Ok. I feel it like we have to wait a Steam update.

• So, I was able to solve the problem: :)

After the update, the start is blocked for security reasons. In the section "System Settings / Privacy & Security", the FS versions can then be unlocked and run again.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• So, I was able to solve the problem: :)

After the update, the start is blocked for security reasons. In the section "System Settings / Privacy & Security", the FS versions can then be unlocked and run again.

Thanks. I recorded your answer in my notes.

I’ll update later, but I may not encounter the problem because I set my Steam to download in Frank/Applications folder instead of the default stupid location.

I’ll see…

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (October 25, 2022 at 12:47 PM).

• Moin FrankLFRS

both is the case.👍👍😀😀

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Unfortunately I can't say anything about the Thrustmaster Airbus X Sidestick, I didn't know there was anything new.:(

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Yes. :thumbup:

And now we are complaining at a high level: :P

Unfortunately, it only works with the quadrants when they are connected in parallel to the Sidestick X. Looping the quadrants through the Sidestick X does not work (for me).

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: