Anyone talking about the a220?!?

• They most likely won't since there are other aircrafts that are needed more and requested more like the a350 and the a330

I wouldn’t say ”needed more” since we already have a bunch of long haul airliners and only a few people (me included) are flying long haul because it’s time wasting many users think. Furthermore, we only have one short haul jet airliner since the Q400 is a prop. In addition to that, there are by far more airports you can fly to with small airliners and Europe is the perfect region for that. Sadly we don’t have the scenery of Latvia yet but switzerland and so much more. So personally, I prefer the A220 over the A330/50 but yes, I agree that these planes got requested more.

• since we already have a bunch of long haul airliners and only a few people (me included) are flying long haul because it’s time wasting many users think.

Your statement is invalid. Firstly, how do you know the long haul players are the minority? Secondly, flying A330 and A350 doesn’t necessarily mean having long haul flight, you shouldn’t reject these two models and state that we need A220 more simply by the range. If you go back to the old vote on most expected airliners, you’ll find these two models are indeed the most popular ones. Statistics don’t lie. I think the flying statistics IPACS added in recent versions of Aerofly is a good reference. Hopefully they can collect the data and get to know what are most users truly need.

• Your statement is invalid. Firstly, how do you know the long haul players are the minority? Secondly, flying A330 and A350 doesn’t necessarily mean having long haul flight, you shouldn’t reject these two models and state that we need A220 more simply by the range. If you go back to the old vote on most expected airliners, you’ll find these two models are indeed the most popular ones. Statistics don’t lie. I think the flying statistics IPACS added in recent versions of Aerofly is a good reference. Hopefully they can collect the data and get to know what are most users truly need.

The most popular and most requested is the 737-800

• Your statement is invalid. Firstly, how do you know the long haul players are the minority? Secondly, flying A330 and A350 doesn’t necessarily mean having long haul flight, you shouldn’t reject these two models and state that we need A220 more simply by the range. If you go back to the old vote on most expected airliners, you’ll find these two models are indeed the most popular ones. Statistics don’t lie. I think the flying statistics IPACS added in recent versions of Aerofly is a good reference. Hopefully they can collect the data and get to know what are most users truly need.

As far as I am concerned, the A350 and the A330 are more requested than the A220. Flying the A350 means flying long haul for sure because these regions that are included are not meant for flying the A350 on short haul routes. In Singapore and so on it would be another story. But yes, I agree, the A330 isn’t particularly a plane that flies long haul. But you also can’t deny the fact that that the A220 would be more variable with routes because of the regions that are included. Keep in mind that I am talking about realistic flying so for example routes in real life. I am also looking forward for the flying statistics.

• As far as I am concerned, the A350 and the A330 are more requested than the A220. Flying the A350 means flying long haul for sure because these regions that are included are not meant for flying the A350 on short haul routes. In Singapore and so on it would be another story. But yes, I agree, the A330 isn’t particularly a plane that flies long haul. But you also can’t deny the fact that that the A220 would be more variable with routes because of the regions that are included. Keep in mind that I am talking about realistic flying so for example routes in real life. I am also looking forward for the flying statistics.

Most users fly Aerofly for relaxation, not for strict realism. If you are looking for variation, then we’d better get a military plane or cargo plane or something else instead of sticking with alrliners.

• Most users fly Aerofly for relaxation, not for strict realism. If you are looking for variation, then we’d better get a military plane or cargo plane or something else instead of sticking with alrliners.

I would love to see a cargo plane or two. Sometimes I fly for realism and other times I might use the co pilot. Aerofly is great because it caters for realism or arcade flying. IMO

• Most users fly Aerofly for relaxation, not for strict realism. If you are looking for variation, then we’d better get a military plane or cargo plane or something else instead of sticking with alrliners.

You got me. I try to stay out of "the most important feature missing in Aerofly" but this post is very true: I think Aerofly does not need more of the same, but more variation.

If we talk about aircraft think of bush planes, cargo planes (military, civil), contemporary general aviation (including modern day avionics), STOLs, light sport aircraft, Rutan birds... maybe exotic aircraft like a Concorde. ;)

But I stay out of these discussions.

I really do.

I do look for variation and that’s why I already requested trims for airplanes. So for example a 747-400 cargo variant or a 737-500 with new displays. It’s not that time wasting than big features and for me, it would be better than a new airliner all in all. And please keep in mind that this discussion was about the A350/330 or the A220.