Question for Quest 2 users...

• Have any Quest 2 users found that 'sweet spot' for a smooth frame rate when flying around some of the larger cities such a New York, London, Paris etc ?

I've tried a few different setting scenario's, generally, the one that works best is to go to low graphic quality settings and knock all of the trees out of the scenario but even this is a little jittery at times. Would the Oculus debug tool help to fine tune this and if so how do I get to it ?

All other area's in the sim are fine and run smoothly on high graphic settings.

Thanks in advance :)

• You could try reduce the render resolution in the quest 2. If you're not sure how to do that here's how

Link graphics performance preferences

I get slightly better performance using open gl in the graphics settings instead of vulcan so that might be worth a try.

I don't use oculus tray tool anymore, I'm not sure it would help at all but here's a link if you want to try it

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)
    Oculus Tray Tool   current version: 0.87.3 What is it? In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me,…
    forums.oculusvr.com

The only thing I can think that might help with oculus tray tool is to slightly reduce the field of view

Good luck

• Thanks for the information,

I've already tried changing render/resolution settings from the desktop app with not much difference, I think the default is 72 Hz, I tried it on 80. I also turned off Vsync in the sim setting it at 60 with very little change again, I'll try out your suggestion of disabling vulcan.

It's not a huge problem of course, there are lots of other places to fly in the sim that are very smooth even at higher settings but I was curious as to whether other Quest users had tinkered and tweaked with any success.

Thanks again for the input micropig :)