• Hello

I’ve been posting a bit recently and so I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m from Melbourne Australia and I’ve been flying Aerofly RC a lot for the past three months (I’m averaging about an hour a day). I’m on multiplayer and you might see me as AddCrow, Crowllenir etc. I’v been flying for about 3 years, but only seriously for a bit over a year.

Some of the pilots at my club told me to not invest in a sim, as “they don’t help”. Another pilot said frequent simming is the key to progress and I’m glad I took his advice.

So I forked out the considerable sum and bought Aerofly Rc and I’m using it to improve my 3d flying skills. I want to fly an hour a day for a year and really make progress. As such, I’m invested in Aerofly RC. I’ve used the cheaper Real Flight 9.5S (now "Real Flight Evolution”) and I would guess that Horizon Hobbies has the beginner's market pretty well wrapped up through their various acquisitions. However, I’ve found Aerofly RC to be the better training simulator (with better graphics too) and many fewer gimmicks. I hope that Aerofly RC continues to add features to support serious training - and that it becomes the go to software product for pilots who want to train seriously.

I’ve been posting ideas for features in another thread in case anyone is interested. They mainly concern features I’d use as I train.

Great to meet you,
    AddCrow.

Possible New Features Discussion - IPACS Aerofly Forum aerofly.com C30F27EA-E2E9-4EC0-AADA-AF9CFA41FE89
  • To progress well with an RC flight simulator, you must consider each flight as in reality.

Make and repeat new figures until they are perfect.

In my opinion, the multiplayer mode does nothing to progress. It's more for fun.

• To progress well with an RC flight simulator, you must consider each flight as in reality.

Make and repeat new figures until they are perfect.

Good to meet you Jparia. I find that as long as there is something I am consciously trying to improve, I generally improve. Though not as fast I as would like.

In my opinion, the multiplayer mode does nothing to progress. It's more for fun.

I agree. Although it does help indirectly. For example, I met Andra Cervi flying on Aerofly RC multiplayer. His flying and encouragement inspired me to keep going.