Large black squares appearing in environments...

• Large, flat, black squares are suddenly appearing in the distance while flying, they look like geometric cloud shadows but they definitely shouldn't be there. Most recently it happened in the LA area but also around some of the eastern United States environments. When looking directly at them and then looking away they have a tendency to expand before disappearing altogether.

I'm using a quest 2 headset through steam VR beta. Anyone else having this problem. It's become more apparent today.

Thanks in advance.

• I already have them at lowest quality settings for a smoother frame rate in built up areas. Even at medium on the quest 2 it gets a bit shaky when flying around large metropolitan environments.

This happened most recently in the San Francisco area with the black shapes, it seems also to be connected with head movement, when I look over at them they sometimes expand and then disappear when I look away. It is random and doesn't always occur but I thought it was worth mentioning as it does affect immersion in VR.

• Large, flat, black squares are suddenly appearing in the distance while flying, they look like geometric cloud shadows but they definitely shouldn't be there. Most recently it happened in the LA area but also around some of the eastern United States environments. When looking directly at them and then looking away they have a tendency to expand before disappearing altogether.

I'm using a quest 2 headset through steam VR beta. Anyone else having this problem. It's become more apparent today.

Thanks in advance.

Try running fs4 with oculus Link or air Link. Call up your steam library, select fs4, press play, and select Oculus. You should pick up a little performance and maybe improve graphics rendering.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• I've tried these options running it through oculus VR and steam VR, I recently made the switch to virtual desktop which actually seems a little more stable than cable link but maybe I'll go back to cable link as a test as the big black phantom squares are a recent issue. it is a little distracting !

• Ya, that’s the problem with Virtual Desktop, you need to run most sims through SteamVR because they don’t have the official Oculus sdk. I’ve actually found that Air Link works better than VD with my Q2/rtx3090 with all my flight sims. Works even better with my nice new Quest Pro.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• I still get em too, but a lot less once I dropped my quality settings, traffic, clouds etc. My PC is only running a Nvidia GTX 1660, 6gig GDDR6 VRAM. I still get a watery, scenery distortion over large airports or graphic heavy citys. In fact I have zero graphic issues flying europe as aposed to flying US. "Meh", something you live with to have some flying joy :) ;) :thumbup:Upgrades are on my "To get" list.

• After a little bit of trial and error it seems to be a combination of running the sim through virtual desktop and possibly to much weather going on in the sky, less cloud cover definitely improves smoothness but also there seem to be less of those black shapes. that's not conclusive on my part and I'll be testing that theory out a bit more but when I ran it through oculus air link I didn't have any problems.

I like virtual desktop as it seems to make for a stable connection and works well in other VR experiences and the general flight and flight control operation in the sim is very good but maybe air/cable link is the way to go, we'll see !

Thanks to everyone for the input :)