Questions about Aerofly FS2023

• I am absolutely impressed that the game is out already and I want to buy it as soon as possible. But I have a few questions:

- Does the Concorde have cold and dark?

- What is the Vulkan app feature?

- How much is the game fully equipped…

- and how much storage does it take?

I hope I’ll get an answer soon ^^

• Hello, i answer your question as follows:

Concord, No cold and dark. Makes Sense because there is still no tutorial.

Vulkan ist a Hardware Feature in high end devices

In Germany 3,99€ the App, all US Szeneries exept east Coast and Florida includet.

Two plane packages each 5,49€, and 6 areas 0,99 to1,99 € each.

8 GB with San Francisco area includet.

I hope this answers your questions.

For myself the Upgrade hast no major Aadvantages to the 2022 Version. The still poor usability with a gamepad is still the biggest shortcoming of this excellent simulator

• Oh, I hope there will be cold and dark for the Concorde soon because that was what I was most exited about. Danke dir.

• Hello, I would like to share my experience. I am now flying the fourth version and am extremely satisfied with the development of the simulator. With the many tutorials you have taken a giant step to give people like me the opportunity to operate an airplane in the depths of navigation, ILS Vor and so on. I fly A320, Learjet and Cessna.

I use the Gamesir pro 31 via Bluetooth. When I start the simulator, all control panels disappear except for the co-pilot. I can no longer switch views and can therefore neither take a tour of the aircraft nor enjoy the view on long flights.

I can't brake either,only rev Trust works with the directional pad, which is useless on taxiway. On the gamepad, the A B X Y keys are not used. They would be good for landing gear, brakes and trim. The directional pad operates the gas pedal and the landing flaps. The accelerator pedal moves so slowly in the A320 that the aircraft reaches the end of the runway before VR.

In general, it would be good if you could map the keys yourself and if screen operation were still possible. Because thrust on the control pad makes little sense, it would be better on the left pad, so you could move the gas up and down very quickly and achieve fixed positions like climb level even better. General i miss a tutorial.

It's just frustrating and sometimes impossible to pan the tablet back and forth and maintain course, speed and altitude while operating various things like trim, flaps. Be silent about the helicopter. Especially in approaching when you want to fly by hand, the gamepad is simply nicer and somehow closer to reality. It would also Wishfull e to connect a joystick, e.g. trustmaster a huge asset to the game. I'm about to upgrade to the Galaxy Tab S8+. I no longer want to pan around in the area with a 12" tablet when I operate the simulator. So, perforce, I'll stick with my Huawei M8.

I hope I was able to bring you closer to my issus and one more question btw. how do i get the weird green square path defaults off the screen? I can't find the relevant button.

Greetings Arpad Molnar

German native speaker

• Have a turkey area in the game ?

• I use the Gamesir pro 31 via Bluetooth. When I start the simulator, all control panels disappear except for the co-pilot. I can no longer switch views and can therefore neither take a tour of the aircraft nor enjoy the view on long flights.

To use the overlay operation together with a controler it might be helpful to switch on the controler only when the simulator is STARTed.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• To use the overlay operation together with a controler it might be helpful to switch on the controler only when the simulator is STARTed.

i know this workaround, but this isn't a real a solution. Because you lost the overlay when you want to change weather, Navigation or you want to practise landing procedures. you have Always to cut and c onnect the Controller again for every new flight .

• Hi there, this my first "touch and go", here !

Decades ago, i was used to fly FS2 on Atari 800XL, then FS3 on MsDos-PC, before going to fly for real in aeroclub.

15 years later went out Flight Simulator 2000 from Microsoft.

I bought it and was used to fly with a "Thrustmaster controller", also known as "T-Flight Hotas X V.2"

I rapidly gave up, and have no game anymore on any PC.

I went back to flight simulation few days ago, on Android, when i bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.

I tried to connect (with adapter) this old Thrustmaster "T-Flight Hotas X V.2"....

and it is detected and can control parts of aircrafts commands, but anarchically.

No way to remap the commands.

So There is my question : Is there any Gamepad, or controller, officially approved for Aerofly FS2023 Android version, wich is supposed (or intent to) be fully compatible FS2023, or do you have an advice on which gamepad to buy ?

Preferably for flight simulators, but if it doesn't exist specifically, i would take any advice on wich is the best gamepad for an Galaxy Tab S8 ultra (which is a 14" heavy tablet)

Knowing that, regarding the price of S8 Ultra and his Keyboard cover, i'm ready to pay for the best.

Sorry for my english wich is not the best of the world ;)

• Bogamin and Tchibeck, can provide my experience with Xbox controllers and IOS version (I can’t comment on Android).

On ios the xbox controller works well even though it is not supported by Ipacs. ‘Not Supported’ just means they dont provide support - it doesnt mean it does not work, because it does. You will see the model version of xbox below on my footer which is compatible with Aerofly FS2022, i dont have FS2023 yet.

The control and view overlays are automatically disabled, except the copilot as pointed out. It took me a while to work out the various xbox buttons but I can access 100% of these views from the comtroller. I am missing nothing. I like the fact that the overlay dissappears, it makes the screen cleaner like a normal simulator.

I like the xbox so much i would not want to fly it any other way. After decades of joysticks I consider the xbox to be far closer to a real aircraft controls and allows me to use Aerofly like the radio-control controllers I am familiar with. The first time i used a twin joystick xbox controller on a simulator I dont want my old expensive joysticks anymore. It also allows you to control rudders without foot pedals - a great advantage imo. You can do everything with 2 hands.

My preference is out-of-cockpit flying (like RC), helis mostly, which is part of the reason i love the xbox so much. Good luck and hope it works out for you on android.

With regard to helis, i find the smaller twin joysticks on the xbox have far less spring self centering ( a real problem for helicopters as you dont want self centering). The springs are far less forceful, therefore less annoying. I have modified my old joysticks in the past with cable ties to eradicate self centering springs and get a smoother control.

Since IOS15 I am also able to customise my controller. I can set it up like I have RC - thrust on left stick, elevator/aelerons on right stick. The only problem with the thrust is it is a self-centering stick, which means I have to hold down the thrust stick at all times for zero thrust (or for helis i set the reverse, i have to hold the stick up for zero heli thrust/pitch, push the collective away from me), but I have been accustomed to doing that a long time on other simulators as well. It is a disadvantage of self centering sticks.

Hope this helps. A question about your thrust problem? You do realise that the centre pad needs you to press the throttle multiple times to get 100% thrust? If you only press the rocker once you will have like 10% thrust which will take forever to reach take off VR. Maybe that is your problem. You need to press the throttle button about 6-10 times to set 100% thrust.

On ios15/16 you can customise (remap) the xbox controller via the general ios settings menu - not within aerofly.

Favourite album: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

My ride: MB339, B744, Aerofly FS Global, Ipad Pro 2022/11 1TB ipadOS17

XBox Series X/S wireless controller (model 1914)

Edited 3 times, last by HKATER (December 16, 2022 at 3:23 AM).

• Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

What do you think of that :

VelocityOne Flightstick pour le ciel, l'espace et les combats | Turtle
    Le VelocityOne™ Flightstick pour Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One et Windows PC vous offre des commandes précises et immersives, l'idéal pour les jeux de simulation…
    fr.turtlebeach.com

There is a review, here : https://lesplayersdudimanche.com/velocityone-flightstick/

(sorry, it's french, but a lots of Browsers are able to translate realtime)

And there is an Android App, to map the Flight-stick...

VelocityOne Flightstick - Apps on Google Play
    Use to customise your VelocityOne Flightstick settings from your mobile device
    play.google.com

I'm interested in opinion, if someone use it, and in Admin / developpers team advice, if any .

• Tchibeck, compatibility of xbox controllers and tablets/aerofly is tricky and you run the risk of buying it and it doesn’t work. It is the reason I give the model version of the xbox to show which controller I know works with ios and aerofly.

I have bought an earlier xbox controller that only worked on my older ipad, but lucky for me it did work. However I have noticed that ios is rapidly catching up to this mobile controller demand and a new version is more likely to work than an older one maybe. It is only a matter of time before they will all work. Without support provided by aerofly it is trial and error.

I personally prefer twin joystick controllers like RC (radio control) not the large joysticks or pedals but that is just me. I have saved alot of money now I buy the cheaper xbox controller.

On the PC i once bought an actual RC controller which worked on a PC for heli flying. It was pretty good but the in simulator frame rate drop was bad so i didnt use it much. Now I am 100% mobile, no PC at all.

Turtle beach is a good brand. I had some PC headphones once - very good quality, but joysticks i dont know.

ONE OBSERVATION about this joystick. It says ‘connect by cable’. I would only use a 100% wireless bluetooth controller on a tablet to avoid a cable. The cable may not be possible on a tablet. I would be careful. From what I can see the smaller handheld xbox and playstation wireless controllers are the norm for mobile users. I would avoid cable completely. On the ipad there is only one port and I need that for either a power cable or headphones.

Favourite album: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

My ride: MB339, B744, Aerofly FS Global, Ipad Pro 2022/11 1TB ipadOS17

XBox Series X/S wireless controller (model 1914)

Edited 4 times, last by HKATER (December 16, 2022 at 10:37 PM).