Switzerland - Find the LSMC Ulrichen and LSMI Interlaken airfields for AFS4

• Today I stripped AFS 2, to find two airfields in Switzerland, or at least two runways, which were forgotten for AFS4 which are Ulrichen and Interlaken.

Here's how and where to find these two folders.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\airports\ch\

and copied the two folders, lsmc_ulrichen and lsmi_interlaken, then pasted them in:

C:\Users\Documents \Aerofly FS 4\scenery\airports\places\lsmc_ulrichen...lsmi_interlaken

However you will have to manually select your starting position:

LSMC Ulrichen: N 46.50° / E 8.30°

LSMI Interlaken: N 46.67° / E 7.87°

Try and enjoy!

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• In FS4 both airfields can be made visible for easier location:

-- duplicate icao_(airport-name).tsc to icao_(airport-name).wad

Both airfields can now be found in the Location menu with the ICAO code or name.

However, there are no positions to choose from; positioning, orientation and altitude (GND) of the aircraft must be done with the mouse.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Thanks ApfelFlieger, and can we also proceed in the same way with for example those created by the user on FSCloudport or flight-sim.org? If so, are there any additional changes to be made under the lines of the .tsc?

For example LSGB-Bex, LSGP-Prangins, LSGY-Yverdon?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Basically, copying from FS2 to FS4 already works for all airfields.

But whether the result looks good depends on the objects. I explain this with the example of three identical airplanes on the apron, one with heading 090°, one with heading 180° and one with heading 270°:

- IPACS stores each object correctly as a single object.

In the example there would be now 3 stored airplanes with in each case already the correct heading.

=> Here the copying works.

- User-created cultivations store each object only once in a basic positioning and call then this object in in each case changed orientations.

In the example there would be the airplane only once in the basic position (e.g. Heading 000°), which is now called 3x with the individual pegs rotated.

=> Here the copying already works, but all three airplanes would be with the heading 000° (home position).

I tried once how the airfield PHNL (Honolulu) would look like -- it is to be seen all, but nothing fits.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• For example LSGB-Bex, LSGP-Prangins, LSGY-Yverdon?

For me, copying does not work for LSGB :( , but it does for LSGP :) and LSGY :) .

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Yes ApfelFlieger, for me it works too, but half for LSGB, only the buildings in the background are non-existent?

100% for LSGP, but not for LSGY? In addition no one recognizes the location with the .wad file?

Did I forget something? Do you have a solution?

Thanks

And some buildings overlap in Prangins, but that is not a priority.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• I'll have a look at it tonight.

Generally speaking, this copying (incl. duplicating of the tsc-file into a wad-file) is only a "WorkAround" until it can be done properly with an SDK. In addition, IPACS in FS4 has already added many cultivations around the airfields automatically. This makes adjustments necessary for cultivations in the future.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Why does the simple copy work with Interlaken and Ulrichen but not with Lukla?

I have no idea, this is certainly not the same source code for certain objects? As an example also those of ORBX, the only one that works is KEGE Eagle County, why? The others are at least non-existent, including that of LSGK Saanen.

But what is also missing for Switzerland are these small chalets in FS2 that IPACS certainly forgot for FS4. Too bad.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Unfortunately, at the moment I can't find an explanation why airfields originating from FS2 are partly good, partly moderate and partly not visible at all in FS4.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• But what is also missing for Switzerland are these small chalets in FS2 that IPACS certainly forgot for FS4. Too bad.

Also the resolution of the images of Switzerland is worse. In FS2 whole Switzerland has level 13 resolution, in FS4 level 13 is just in some smaller parts. This lowers the immersion especially when flying in the Alps. One can copy the Swiss images to the documents folder of FS4, preferably under addons, however the transition at the border to other images, including FS4 Europe images is faulty with blurred parts. I hope for a solution to this from IPACS.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal