New 2023 Pluses not talked about yet

• I've not carried out a complete flight yet, but I've got all the 2023 scenery packs installed, and I've noticed a number of significant improvements that are not being talked about yet ...

1. New Navigation (flight planning) menu and options. I especially like being able to set the cruise alt here now! I like the new way of selecting way points and choosing whats displayed. Good improvement!

2. More high quality scenery. A few quick flights over places like Frankfurt, Paris, Brest, Lisbon, Naples was enough to convince me that theres a lot of better scenery to see, certainly in Europe. I like what I see over the Eastern USA as well, can't wait to fly my first flight from Dulles to JFK tonight!

3. The Swiss scenery looks to be new.... very detailed still, but somewhat more natural in tones, so even more realistic IMO.

4. 3D buildings, towers and columns etc in many cities. Ok, its a bit sparse but they are there (check out the City of London which is actually quite dense). A great step towards realism on mobile

So theres 4 strong new features in 2023 that I think make the extra money over 2022 very much worth it 👌

Edited 2 times, last by mcgregni (December 10, 2022 at 9:02 PM).

• I’ll definitely try it for 3.99€ when it’s released. Thanks for the quick overlook.

• First flight completed from Dulles to JFK. A few more Pluses to point out ...

The transitions between water and land are better, a softer blend and muddy colour rather than the blue blocks like before. ....

A320 has more realistic and smooth vertical speed in the climb, not like the rocket it was before ...

A320 has a seat belt sign audible chime ....

Better A320 sounds all around ....

The scenery of Washington was great, but Baltimore was superb. New York very good too, but some softer looking areas...

So really some excellent work and improvements, thanks Devs!

The only negative to report was that auto tuning for the ILS didn't work. I didn't get any intercept or capture and had to land manually. I have to figure out now how to manually tune the Nav radio!

• What do you mean by that and please explain me the ILS problem :)

Hi, its about when you switch the passenger seat belt signs on and off. Now each time you switch there is the audible "chime" sound (to alert people on board). This little bit of realism was missing previously.

With thr ILS, when auto-tune is on in the app settings, we don't need to directly adjust the Nav radio frequency to activate the ILS, it happens automatically . I noticed that didnt happen, which meant my ILS was not set and so it didnt capture the signals. I assume that if I had manually set the frequency then it would have worked ok ....

• Hi, its about when you switch the passenger seat belt signs on and off. Now each time you switch there is the audible "chime" sound (to alert people on board). This little bit of realism was missing previously.

With thr ILS, when auto-tune is on in the app settings, we don't need to directly adjust the Nav radio frequency to activate the ILS, it happens automatically . I noticed that didnt happen, which meant my ILS was not set and so it didnt capture the signals. I assume that if I had manually set the frequency then it would have worked ok ....

As far as I know, the little chime sound already existed in the A320.

• The amazingly interactive beautiful analog Concorde instrument panel and Concorde’s innovative experience building operation in Aerofly is nothing less than superb.

The add on package price brand new Concorde model offers Aerofly route navigation, real nav-aid navigation, look out the windows clock and heading navigation, sophisticated automatic pilot flight and very pleasant natural feeling full manual flying with that lovely instrument panel.

It might very well get more of us to take the first steps to tune in the nav radios and enjoy a whole new satisfying world of more advanced and rewarding flight simming.

I thought that it was more significant than a lot of the gamey stuff. It is a lot of fun and also just looks great.

Edited once, last by Overloaded: Concorde not in the base program (December 15, 2022 at 6:30 PM).

• A quarter of a century ago the C.A.A. had supersonic theory on the ATPL syllabus, everyone had to do it.

I got a half hour in a Concorde, …on the ground, a retired prototype. I did get to look up her afterburner nozzles😍. The fuel delivery and release pipes looked like a camping gas ring, very ordinary (or like the metal cage on the face of a dart-board).

The inlet ramps were really clever but they were in the books, I wanted a look at the hot end. Nice yoke, very de Havilland.

Edited once, last by Overloaded (December 11, 2022 at 7:41 PM).

• I just completed a flight into Boston, and KBOS has gotta be one of the best looking airports in the app. It really is magnificent with so many details. The scenery surrounding is also really good!

Next flight is going to be Boston to Ronald Reagan Washington (Delta A320).

• I'm really enjoying exploring around the new USA areas. Seattle to Salt Lake City is a great flight with plenty of detail in the scenery. I discovered Portland also which is a great looking airport and the approachs along the river are exciting.

La Guardia is a triumph! Really nice airport with bridges and towers visible in the distance. I'm going to fly Boston to Baltimore later ....