Region fades away in iPadOS.

• My Ireland, Britain, Scandanavia and Iceland scenery keeps going missing and each time after ‘restore purchases’ it becomes available as a free download! Not very nice.

Version 20.23,09.01. I have already downloaded FS 2023 and regions twice in both iPadOS and Android so more and more downloading is unwelcome.

Android is OK.

• I just created a thread with something very similar. I used to love flying in the Las Vegas in the previous versions and seeing the Hoover dam, and the Las Vegas strip all lit up at night time with the real buildings and the real hotel names. Now there are no buildings, no Hoover dam, and I don’t get it. I use an iPad and android as well, and in the past the iPad was far superior in graphics and gameplay but now it seems flipped. I’m very disappointed with the launch of this new version.

• On Apple iOS the operating system might remove those downloads in case storage becomes low. I am not sure if that is the case on your devices. There is no way for us to tell the iOS system to not remove those files automatically when free storage is getting low.

• On Apple iOS the operating system might remove those downloads in case storage becomes low. I am not sure if that is the case on your devices. There is no way for us to tell the iOS system to not remove those files automatically when free storage is getting low.

iOS does not unload data of applications in this case. It only unloads the unused application itself keeping its data locally if the user launches it again.

By the way, the bunch of GB of the regions are even backed up on iCloud so they are considered as data.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (December 27, 2022 at 12:09 PM).

• Thanks ‘admin’, I was overdue taking excess data off my iPad. The biggest item that I cleared was FS 2022 at 26 GB.

Some future trends information from IPACS a couple of years ago would have been very helpful in deciding how much storage to get when choosing the current iPad. The size of the Aerofly app has grown enormously, FS 2019 with its extra region is less than 5 GB, original FS is only 2.25 GB. Of course the bigger, the better especially if it brings more sophisticated aircraft and systems.

I had storage hungry 96kHz, 24 bit music on the bloated iPad and happily cleared it, the sound quality (with an external DAC) was significantly inferior to Android (with >48 KHz output enabling software).