MAD PITTS

• Hello,

I have a T. Flight thrustmaster rudder and I can't get the Pitts to take off. This rudder works very well with other planes and I set it as less sensitive as possible with the TARGET software.

Even if I put the throttle very slowly and am very light on the rudder pedals, the Pitts goes right, left, turns around, turns around halfway. In short, he is messing around.

Is there a particular setting with or without TARGET to set up for the PITTS.

Thanks for your help.

• This is ...what you have to learn with very powerfull + little (short) Taildraggers ...

Its nearly so bad .. in real world :)

Look the "hard work" with powersetting, rudder and elevator

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Keep the stick fully back for effective tailwheel steering until about 35-45 kt and feed power in slowly. A reference cloud over the end of the runway for aiming the nose helps. Don’t lift the tail too much, let it fly off by itself.

Like all tail draggers the centre of gravity is behind the main gear so if any size of swing develops the main gear will try to forcefully push the nose in the direction of the swing so you must stop any slight swing immediately and smoothly guide the nose back towards pointing at the end of the runway.

Start with no wind.

• Mhhh ... I have learned ( but it is certainly also due to the aircraft ) :

to push the stick forward when you give power at the start. ( or 3 seconds later .. .ao about 10 e.g. knots rolling )

till tail comes up ...then middle Stick, till rotate speed ...and lift up ..

But I never fly the " Pitts " .. taildraggers I have flown only :

Extra 300 , S10 , Kiebitz, Renegade and Motorgliders like Super Dimona and Scheibe Falke .

like here :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But when you think till 45 knots pull full elevator ... than it could be for the Pitts ?!

All videos I found at take off will push the stick immediately after givin thottle

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

Edited 3 times, last by higgy (January 13, 2023 at 4:48 PM).

• And.. not to forget .. prepar ( and stand a little bit ) in the Rudder to the opposit Site where the engine turns the plane.

Due to the torque of the motor/propeller and the air flow, you have to give some rudder in the appropriate direction,

( with strong engines ... correspondingly more rudder) so that the airplane rolls straight . * *

fly2air.com - Tipps & Wissen - Wasserflug

Its also on nearly every Plane, also with tricycle-gear , but on a taildragger you notice it much more

clearly and you have to do more against this.

So this is also the reason, that there are "taildragger -flight schools" also for
    Pilots ...who fly since thousend of hours ... but they want to learn -> taildragger ...

** and the motre you rolling faster ... less Rudder to the one direction ... ( because Rudder works more in more airspeed ) ...

so you have an idea ... its tricky :)

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

Edited once, last by higgy (January 13, 2023 at 7:02 PM).