Honeycomb Products

• Hi everyone, I have been looking at the Honeycomb products to use with FS2. Does anyone out there have experience with these please?

Quadrante acceleratore Honeycomb Bravo per aerei GA/aerei di linea Nero
    Informazioni e scheda tecnica Quadrante acceleratore Honeycomb Bravo per aerei GA/aerei di linea Nero online su Bpm-power. Acquistalo comodamente da casa e…
    www.bpm-power.com
    Cloche di volo Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke
    Informazioni e scheda tecnica Cloche di volo Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke online su Bpm-power. Acquistalo comodamente da casa e visita altri prodotti…
    www.bpm-power.com

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Hello Michael, compliments of the season to you and yours.

I bought the Honeycomb throttle quad to go with AFS4, and I am very happy with it. It is a well-made piece of kit, and has lots of functions.

I just tried it in AFS2. It is recognised there, but the AFS2 controller setups do not include everything in the AFS4 one. I use the Baron 58 in AFS4 so I setup a flight in AFS2 with the same plane. I use a Logitech yoke and pedals.

Throttles, Prop Pitch and Mixture levers all work. The GA flaps lever works. The trim wheel works but there is no Trim indicator on the AFS2 info bar. There is a nice undercarriage lever, which is actually seen as a button, and the gear moves as required but the indicator lights on the Quad don't show that.

The Autopilot button does what it should and in the cockpit view the A/P can be seen coming to life. There are function selectors for Hdg, Crs, Alt etc and if you want to adjust these, there is a knob at the left to select the function you want to change and at the right hand side there is another knob which you turn to change the setting up or down.

I have not tested every possible thing for AFS2, but I can say that within the limits of the AFS2 setup menus, the Honeycomb Quad works very well in AFS2. I keep a magnifying glass handy, to read the small print on the A/P controls. Should really get some new glasses. :)

You may have seen my posts wrt the Quad in AFS4 on the NZFF forum, but if not, here is a link: https://nzff.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31074

ATB

Mike

• Hi Mike and compliments of the season to you too. Thanks for the info as I'm stuck with FS2 and have no intention of upgrading my PC to work with FS4!

I want to buy both the throttle quad and yoke but see no options in FS2 to bind the mag one and two switch so am at a loss as to what to do next?

Lets hope others can help?

Kindest regards, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• I asked Honeycomb Aeronautical about support for their Yoke with Aerofly FS, this is their bogus response...

"DJ (Honeycomb Aeronautical)
    Oct 18, 2023, 08:29 PDT
    Hi
    Aerofly FS is not a supported game, we will not be providing support for this as it is a PC game and not a flight simulator.

Best Regards,
    Dave J.

Customer Support Team Manager.
    Phone: (833) 387-7554"

Apparently they are saying Aerofly FS is just a game and not a simulator (i.e. just for kids)??

Edited 2 times, last by JohnnyLee (October 18, 2023 at 9:39 PM).

• What unfortunately breaks the 3rd party perception of Aerofly as a substantial P.C. flight simulator?

Not taking real world radio navigation practice seriously has to be a big red flag, the lack of nav-aid audio idents paints it simply as more mobile light-game like. When you have had opening airbus meal trays instead it sadly suggests ‘toy’.

The perception of outsiders is down to what IPACS regards as being important for Aerofly the flight simulator and what it regards as being trivial. Perhaps the cockpit environment could have more love?

• I am also of the opinion that a flight simulator must necessarily support motion platforms and offer extensive interfaces for every type of peripherals, which is a very low priority at IPACS. I've been waiting since the beginning of AF2 for support for my platform so that I can finally realistically simulate a helicopter.

• What unfortunately breaks the 3rd party perception of Aerofly as a substantial P.C. flight simulator?

Not taking real world radio navigation practice seriously has to be a big red flag, the lack of nav-aid audio idents paints it simply as more mobile light-game like. When you have had opening airbus meal trays instead it sadly suggests ‘toy’.

The perception of outsiders is down to what IPACS regards as being important for Aerofly the flight simulator and what it regards as being trivial. Perhaps the cockpit environment could have more love?

Tbh, aerofly lacks a couple of things which can't be ignored, ground services, sounds physics all impact the realsim