Why do I like AFS4?

• I took a run from Sumburgh down along The Minch towards Oban, just to see how the N-W Highlands looked in the new sim. The default scenery and mesh looked pretty good. Then the cabin crew brought me a beer, and as I took it from her I accidentally nudged one of the prop pitch levers. Immediately, I heard that 'out-of-sync' noise. The panel confirmed the problem, so I adjusted the prop pitch and all was good again. AFS4 is one classy sim :) :thumbup:

• I like it for the ability of making a flight plan without charts. And the ability to set the MCDU from zero anyway!

And the most of all, it is also a Mac application. IPACS knows programming.

The A320 running in FS 4 is the same that runs in FS 2019…2023.

And it never crashes. Never, ever, ever.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• I really enjoy starting my flight anywhere on the map or being able to quickly jump into final approach or load the aircraft back on the runway ready for takeoff almost instantly. It saves so much time when you just want to practice landing and takeoff and this feature is somewhat unique to Aerofly, combined with the short loading times it really becomes something I would want to miss.

Regards,

Jan

• I really enjoy starting my flight anywhere on the map or being able to quickly jump into final approach or load the aircraft back on the runway ready for takeoff almost instantly. It saves so much time when you just want to practice landing and takeoff and this feature is somewhat unique to Aerofly, combined with the short loading times it really becomes something I would want to miss.

Ya, totally agree. When I want a quick flight before work in the morning, click the desktop icon, pick a plane, pick a location and "BOOM"...SIM is loaded up and ready to fly, all within 45 secs.....literally. IPACS developers you guys are SIM gods. Absolute genius.

• Well... it was AFFS2 and this is a kind of reposting. But this is what I like AFFS4 for:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• It definitely about speed. It is the fastest loading simulator on my PC (main menu as well as simulator). And in VR even on my old machine it is blazingly fast, which no other SIM manages.

So it is about jumping in, doing your thing, and being back before dinner. ;) Even after all this years flying other simulators, AFS is still my Number 1 civilian sim.

(Happy customer since Aerofly FS 1)

• Well... it was AFFS2 and this is a kind of reposting. But this is what I like AFFS4 for:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for posting reposting. I bet you have read the late Neil Williams’ aerobatics book, it’s on my shelf.

Edited once, last by Overloaded (January 16, 2023 at 12:37 PM).

• Thanks for posting reposting. I bet you have read the late Neil Williams’ aerobatics book, it’s on my shelf.

Oh, I have a lot of books addressing aerobatics. Try "Better Aerobatics" from Alan Cassidy. That's my favourite.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (January 16, 2023 at 12:39 PM).