Geoconvert: no input aerial images found

• Hi,

I'm trying to add my own satellite images to aerofly.

I downloaded all the TIF files from swisstopo and made for each TIF file an AIC file, as described in the documentation.

But when I run geoconvert I always get the following Error: no input aerial images found in './input_aerial_images/'

However, I have placed all the files in the correct folder.

Can someone help me?

Thanks, and regards.

• Hi,
    Difficult to figure out with so less information.

At first view, I notice that you are talking about an AIC file. But the newer geoconvert versions need an AID file or you have to use the *.tfw-file as a base (*.aid will be generated by geoconvert) . Maybe this is the cause.

Syntax of the corresponding AID-File: b_16_stich_1_1.aid

<[file][][]

<[tm_aerial_image_definition][][]

<[string8][image][b_16_stitch_1_1.png]>

<[string8][mask][]>

<[vector2_float64][steps_per_pixel][2.14576721191406e-05 -1.48500384806035e-05]>

<[vector2_float64][top_left][7.03125 46.2672402038251]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[bool][flip_vertical][false]>

>

>

In principle, it is much easier to use Aeroscenery to create your own photo scenery:

nickhod
    February 26, 2019 at 1:26 PM

Latest version/MOD:

Aeroscenery v1.1.3 MOD with Enhancements by @chrispriv

Geoportal (Switzerland) does not work as a source anymore, I will fix it with the upload of my next MOD (works allready for me).

• Latest version/MOD:

Aeroscenery v1.1.3 MOD with Enhancements by @chrispriv

Geoportal (Switzerland) does not work as a source anymore, I will fix it with the upload of my next MOD (works allready for me).

Strange. I am currently doing Switzerland in Level 10, as I forgot to do it last year. For me GEO Portal works

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• This was indeed the Problem. Thank you for your help :)

Aeroscenery doesn't really work for me. Every time I try to run it, my PC crashes. And when it runs successfully for once, the images have a weird red overlay. So, I decided to make my own script that downloads the files and creates the AID files for me. I also noticed that the images on Geoportal are kind of old (sometimes from 2011). That's also a reason why I want to use the swisstopo images, since they are not older than 3 years.

• I also noticed that the images on Geoportal are kind of old (sometimes from 2011). That's also a reason why I want to use the swisstopo images, since they are not older than 3 years.

For my part, what I have seen, both with swisstopo and Geoportal, both have the same negative point. Similar and irregular satellite images at the level of the seasons, which is a bit of a shame.

If we look carefully, on the side of the Lemanic basin, Châblais, Mittelland, Jura, or even part of Ticino, the images were taken mainly towards the end of winter, unlike in Valais, central Switzerland, Nordwestschweiz , and the Zurich region rather in summer.

Nothing is perfect unfortunately. ;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4