Unable to calibrate Thrustmaster Airbus throttle quadrant

• So I had an issue where I couldn't get the throttle lower than 20 % on my throttle quadrant, it wanted me to use the full range of the axis, that includes the beta range. So I went along trying to calibrate it, to no avail, the calibration menu exits as soon as I hit a detent.. then I tried to remove all axis and key assignments and try to calibrate again, again it exits the calibration menu. Is there some trick I need to do to make it work correctly ?

• With my FS4 on the Mac, the Thrustmaster Airbus cannot combine the paths for thrust and reverse in one way, but always remain separate functions.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• @ Hartman: thanks, the video I watched earlier wasn't showing this correctly, the beta now works. But there is another issue: when I push the throttle ( the hardware one ) in to toga mode it goes into full throttle in the game, it doesn't seem to mind the detents at all, and since I get booted out of the ingame calibration screen I don't know how to get this to work, any ideas anyone ?

• In Aerofly, at the time of phase 1 of calibration, move the FLAPS and SPEED BRAKE levers in all their amplitude, but for the throttle levers do not go further than between FLEX and TOGA from IDLE.

Then, in phase 2 of the calibration, center FLAPS on 2 and SPEED BRAKE on 1/2 and THROTTLE on CLIMB (this phase does not seem to have any effect).

This method makes it possible to fully hang the CL detent, but on the other hand makes it more difficult to engage the FLEX detent. However, it is less evil than losing the A/THR in flight!

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• I didn't do any of that stuff mentioned above. I downloaded the drivers (reluctatly), calibrated according to a youtube video plug n' play. Its working fine, no issues. Whats this phase 1, phase 2 and beta stuff mentioned above in the first post...? I don't get it :/

• phase 1, phase 2

The calibration in Aerofly includes 2 phases: moving levers from min to max / validate + put levers mid position / validate.

The CL (CLIMB) position is centered on the device, so it returns 50% instead of ~56%, the position in the cockpit.

I'm still hoping a device calibration based on IDLE, CL, FLEX, TOGA positions by throttle separately.

But all of this can be caused by the fact I'm using a Mac with so called pure PC device that IPACS makes worked (thank you again for that).

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• I didn't do any of that stuff mentioned above. I downloaded the drivers (reluctatly), calibrated according to a youtube video plug n' play. Its working fine, no issues. Whats this phase 1, phase 2 and beta stuff mentioned above in the first post...? I don't get it :/

I am on linux, there is no drivers from Thrustmaster for anything else than windows, so we have to depend on the developers of the flight sims to do a good job and support it natively. However there is no need for the firmware drivers, not even on windows if the game you are using it for has official support, you can still calibrate the controls; I could do that even on a operative system not supported by Thrustmaster.

As to the mentioned beta range; a flight trottle for jets and turbo props will have 2 ranges, the one that controls the actual throttle is the alpha range, the one that controls the reverse throttle is the beta range, you can see this on your Thrustmaster throttle by the yellow marking, when you push it in to that area you are in beta, aka thrust reverse.

• So I had an issue where I couldn't get the throttle lower than 20 % on my throttle quadrant, it wanted me to use the full range of the axis, that includes the beta range. So I went along trying to calibrate it, to no avail, the calibration menu exits as soon as I hit a detent.. then I tried to remove all axis and key assignments and try to calibrate again, again it exits the calibration menu. Is there some trick I need to do to make it work correctly ?

The position iddle is not the position zero with this quadrant.
    The range starts from full reverse position.

The problem in your side probably is because you are trying to use in on Linux since the product is not officially supported with another OS than Windows.

• Is it not also supported with macOS? :/ Anyway, it works great for me on the Mac. :)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries