Question for pilots of the new sim

• I don’t own AFS 2023 but am curious if it’s necessary to purchase all dlc and regions again since I have AFS 22 and if there is much difference apart from the couple new aircraft.

Also since the AFS 22 is no longer on the App Store (IOS) I assume there is no longer any support or updates for a game that came out a year ago.

• It is necessary to buy most of the scenery areas again, if you want to get everything that was in 2022 plus the new north-west and eastern USA areas.

In my experience so far its totally worth it, because there are massive areas of improved higher definition scenery. So far I have seen fabulous detailed scenery over Europe, in particular Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, Italy, Iberia and France, that was not as good in 2022.

• Ok thank you. I'm not sure I want to purchase everything again especially if they will just release another one next year and do the same thing.

How is the performance as I have seen comments from people saying they have bad fps? Also I noticed they are working on ground services for PC but no mention of mobile. That for me is the main thing I don't like. Seeing beautiful airport environments and not being able to spawn at a gate feels wrong.

• That's the other thing. I'm on IOS with an ipad pro and if they never officially add city lighting then I can't manipulate the file system and add night lighting/buildings from the great 3rd party modders. Honestly I think I'm going to pass as I've bought every mobile version other than this one and they keep releasing the same game and charging money for the same things while adding a few extras instead of updating. I feel slightly taken advantage of. Thanks for answering questions.

• For me, one of the main enjoyments while flying in the App, is watching the views go by. The sense of travel and the detail of the world below is one main thing for me. So I really appreciate the extra details that the scenery in FS 2023 has, and over huge areas that previously were a bit mushy. Other things like the better transitions between coastlines and water bring more realism to this version.

So I find its well worth the few extra pounds / dollars. I presume they have to buy the scenery files or license the use of them from a third party mapping company, so there must be extra costs there.

• Yup and I feel the same way however as I stated I really wish they would update existing versions of the game instead off releasing a new version and charging for it again. If they were to offer upgraded resolution for to the game I have I would have paid for it but this feels like a cash grab forcing the customer to buy everything again. Just my personal opinion but after buying all their games it gets old. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Fly safe friend.

• If IPACS require annual subscription money they should be open about it and ask us for it.

If I could get a significantly improved Swiss scenery add on through paying an in plain sight significant surcharge for much superior data and more man-hours in Tübingen that significantly surcharged scenery should have more staying power, why on earth should I pay again next December and again the December after that? And I’m sick of all the downloading.

The mobile revenue model does not smell of spring flowers.

• I used to "play" a subscription model flight app, before I tried "flying" with the Aerofly sim. I was paying £9.49 a month (British pounds) ... £113.00 annually!

Of course this was sold as the cost of running servers for the multiplayer game modes, but you still had to pay it just to get fairly mediocre scenery around the world. In the end I saw it as a bit of a scam.

Ultimately the realism and immersion you get with a quality simulator like Aerofly Mobile wins out. So the relatively small annual costs are worth it I believe. And I do see this latest version as a significant upgrade, and well worth the charges for the improved scenery.

I accept that the aircraft packages are a bit more debatable, but I suspect they are there to spread out the overall costs for users who may feel better buying in small chuncks over time.

• Another point, a subscription model is tough to sell to new users. You have to offer a very cheap starter package, to get them to try it, but then you have to tolerate all the moans and complaints and terrible Play Store ratings when they realise the best bits are behind the paywall.

At least with the one off charges users get the stuff for the lifespan of the app ....

• I really do think the app is the best representation of flying you can get on mobile. The planes are very high quality and fly very well. I don’t mean to only complain about things and the price itself isn’t outrageous but still $30 Canadian to get the same application I have now but with 3 more planes that won’t fly more than once as I prefer the airliners just doesn’t sit right with me. Also as a customer that bought AFS 22, I would like to have support and updates for more than a year.

• Sauracy, you seem to be a very reasonable complainer 🤗. I don't think you should base your feelings about it on only the extra aircraft. I don't think I'll bother with the helicopter or Concord etc either ....rather you should consider the huge extra high quality areas of scenery added in to FS 2023, plus the extra parts of the USA. Those are the added value aspects that make it worthwhile to buy the various parts of FS 2023 IMO.

• I appreciate your positivity mcgregni. I just went ahead and purchased it and to remember the positives and why I love flight simulation. It is a very well done application and of course the developers require funding to continue working.

I guess my main gripe is the same as overloaded stated that it is technically a subscription based game and perhaps the developers could be more transparent about that. I’m really not a negative person and I prefer to fly realistically so now at least we can fly long hauls across the US.

So far it runs perfectly at 60fps on my iPad Pro so I’ll stop complaining haha.

• Ok glad to hear it! I'll ask the devs to give me some sales commission from your app store fees ^^

Try a flight from Bari to Palermo, or Bologna to Alghero ...lovely detail in the scenery! Also the flights on the east coast USA are great ....Boston to Baltimore, La Guardia to Washington etc! The new airports are spectacular as well!

• Yup you’ve earned the commission for sure :)

I will try those routes definitely. I am pleasantly surprised so far as to me the clouds look more realistic and seem to have less of a performance hit than the last version even dialed right up. I enjoyed flying into Corsica in the last version and thought the scenery was quite good but it’s good to know it’s even better now.