[Updated & Released] Spitfire Mk1a Early Ver 1.2 for AF4

• UPDATED to Version 1.2

Changes required for Compatibility with Aerofly FS4 May 24th 2023 Update. Not compatible with previous versions

RELEASED Spitfire Mk1a (Early) for Aerofly FS4

Available to Download from http://www.flight-sim.org

Addon for Aerofly FS4 Disclaimer: This Freeware Aircraft Addon for Aerofly FS4, including all associated files and documentation are supplied as is with no guarantee of any kind. You use entirely at your own risk. Information is not intended for Real World Aviation.

Credits and Copyright Ownership:

3D External Model and Texture Art Matthew Ivey

3D Cockpit Internals and Texture Art Dom Henry

3D Pilot and Texture Art Bertrand Augras (beber)

TMD Coding Matthew Ivey & Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Original Sound files by Dan Hopgood

Dom Henry and I have collaborated on quite a few aircraft projects for X-Plane11, where I created the external model and cockpit shell, and Dom created the cockpit, the sounds and physics. A special thank you to Dom for letting me use his cockpit work, without which it is unlikely the project would have ever been completed

A special thank you to Bertrand too, for the use of his pilot figures. It’s a difficult thing to create pilot figures that look human without using a lot of polys. He has created a number of these figures, that Dom and I have used in our aircraft and we’re very grateful to him for it.

Thanks to Dan Hopgood for the use of his Spitfire sound files. The default Corsair sounds just wouldn’t have been as good for this Aircraft Add on, being an In line engine rather than a radial.

Installation: This assumes you’re familiar with basic file management tasks. If you need more help try asking for help on the IPACS Aerofly forum.

Extract the files from the zip file and copy the spitfire_mk1a_dwk folder into your user documents aircraft folder. The address will be something like below depending how your machine is set up (where dotdotdot….. will be the name of your computer)

C:\Users\............\Documents\Aerofly FS 4\aircraft

The Prototype: The Spitfire needs little introduction to aviation enthusiasts. It’s Design was led by Reginald Mitchell, drawing on his experience in the design of his companies Schneider Trophy Racing Seaplanes. The design was a thoroughly modern for its time and the quality of it is shown by the fact that it went through over Twenty Mark/ Variants during World War II and subsequent years, and yet they were all obviously Spitfires. The main changes where structural to accommodate more powerful engines, and larger tail surfaces to cater for the extra torque. The Subject of this release is the Mark 1a… The version most associated with the Battle of Britain in 1940. As a Fighter it was easily a match for its chief protagonist, The Messerschmitt BF109E. Both designs had there strengths and weakness, and good pilots learnt to exploit them. Much has been written about the wartime history of this aircraft and if you’re interested you can find a lot of such information on the net. None of it matters of course for us, flying it in Aerofly FS4, which is not a Combat Simulator but a Flight Simulator.

See included USER GUIDE For More Details

Version 1.2 Released 26th May 2023

Version 1 Released 24th Jan 2023

• Hi Matt

Your great Spitfire has just arrived in Switzerland. Thank you very much!

I am admiring people who are able to create such an aircraft for a flightsimulator. To be honest I have no idea how it is done but I can imagine that this is a very demanding piece of work which needs beisde of the necessary indepth knowhow of 3D programms and scripting a lot of patience, tests and many, many hours of development. In the end you let us fly with it, for free. I think people like you and also the people who build airports or photoscenery are vital for Aerofly FS. Also your presentation here of your masterpeice and the manuals are extraordinary.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• MDIvey May 26, 2023 at 1:02 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “[Released] Spitfire Mk1a Early for AF4” to “[Updated & Released] Spitfire Mk1a Early for AF4 Ver 1.2”.
  • MDIvey May 26, 2023 at 1:20 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “[Updated & Released] Spitfire Mk1a Early for AF4 Ver 1.2” to “[Updated & Released] Spitfire Mk1a Early Ver 1.2 for AF4”.