Coverage of the world in the future for Aerofly FS4

• Worldwide coverage. I miss that the most. Of course there is MFS2020 or X-Plane on the market, but I like Aerofly FS4.

Just being able to fly around the world and have quality textures and 3d cities and airports around you is what shouldn't be missing. For such a bonus, I will gladly pay for a future update or addon like World coverage. Only part of EU and USA is not enough. Still, I really appreciate IPACS for your great work.

I think future coverage of more of the world would bring more players into the sim.

I am talking mainly about FS4 :)

Can you tell us if an add-on like world coverage is in progress? And what are the views.

• This Freeware Scenery option: https://flight-sim.org/map/ is certainly nice, but it's not perfect, like at least the EU and US part from IPACS.

Sometimes freeware sceneries do not work properly. What would be better would be an official release that will look like part of the EU and US now, but the whole world. Or another part. I believe that development will be challenging, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;)

Just curious. Would the rest of you wish it too? To expand the world in Aerofly FS4? And have it in the near update?

Good luck IPACS

• This Freeware Scenery option: https://flight-sim.org/map/ is certainly nice, but it's not perfect, like at least the EU and US part from IPACS.

Unfortunately those of Aerofly FS 4 from IPACS: Europe Part 1 and 2 are not perfect either, irregular texture.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Unfortunately those of Aerofly FS 4 from IPACS: Europe Part 1 and 2 are not perfect either, irregular texture.

I get it, but I think they're pretty good (Europe and USA). If this was the case across the entire planet or in multiple areas, then this would be sufficient as a default setting. Gamers who want to enjoy realistic rendering should probably try MFS2020. But I prefer Aerofly for its specific gameplay and sophistication. But I'm sorry that we are limited by the borders where we can only fly. Understandably, it's a lot of work. But I hope that something is happening and in time we will see new regions or continents from IPACS in FS 4.

• I get it, but I think they're pretty good (Europe and USA). If this was the case across the entire planet or in multiple areas, then this would be sufficient as a default setting. Gamers who want to enjoy realistic rendering should probably try MFS2020. But I prefer Aerofly for its specific gameplay and sophistication. But I'm sorry that we are limited by the borders where we can only fly. Understandably, it's a lot of work. But I hope that something is happening and in time we will see new regions or continents from IPACS in FS 4.

Well, its not this simple - Switzerland in MSFS2020 is no better. Mixed fall, summer and winter textures. The downloaded textures using Aeroscenery from Swiss Geoportal are more consistant than anything else,. but have a watermark. I can life with this, better than snowy textures in summer ;)

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• I think ... for me its good enough :

local VERY detailed Scenery , every house, streets, driving cars, planes in traffic, trees, forests, churches.. all in perfect 3D ...
    for 20 min VFR VERY low, traffic patterns etc .. ( like we had in FS2 -> EDXE , that was great )

Or the other possibility of use : IFR .. you only need nice airports ... and good textures which you can see from 30.000 feets ...

For me the first option is the goal ( because I fly 90% small VFR ) ... I dont need every day 20 of new high detailed areas ...

but It would be nice

But I also know, Ipacs cannot handle this, this i work for 200 people ... not for 3 programmers ...

So everyone can imagine ... we have to get a nice easy and simple tool to convert complete sceneries from FS2 -> FS4 ( EDXE :) ) ( incl. all objects) ...

and also a tool to easy make new sceneries for plenty of freeware programmers ...that we get more nice little regions in full scale VFR low flying .

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I would prefer payware DLC of specific smaller regions of the same quality as current free DLC regions rather than having to generate my own orthophoto scenery using some tool provided by IPACS or another third party. That way, you are free to buy only those regions of the world that interest you. Also you only have install those you want to currently use and have storage space for on your pc. If this is available on Steam then as long as you have a fast internet connection it does not take that much time to install as long as its from actual Steam Valve 1 Gbps cloud servers and not Microsoft FS2020 2 Mbps cloud servers. Also, I think the LOD quality of the current free DLC regions is good enough for regular VFR flying even though it does not come close to MSFS 2020 but at least does not require a continuous network connection that has no packet dropouts.

• But ... the problem you didnt see :

Its to much work ... everyone wants another little "own" scenery ( where he lives, where he fly, what he knows, what he think is nice ) ..

So there had to be 3835 :) different little DLC`s, for 800 users ... you know what this means ... to less sales for so much work.

Or a DLC costs 400 bucks for every user ... no one buy

"the cat bites its tail" :) :

to less users (to pay the work) for many little DLC .. --- not many new users .. because not enough nice little sceneries.

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• It would be interesting to know how IPACS makes its decisions on what DLC to produce. I guess logically they should have access to data on sales of their products per geographic regions from Steam Valve Corp and so be able to prioritize making map DLCs of areas they have the most current buyers in if they think there is enough potential buyers to make a profit from.

• Absolutely right! Misery, why IPACS simply could not convert this small airfield that I loved to see and land at EDXE, while for FS4 new and magnificent ones have been created in the meantime.

And still no news from Rodeo :/

Okay, now about the 3 programmers from IPACS? I don't mind that as an excuse, it's been since AFS2 that we always hear the same story.

I want to defend some here, who are real Pro! Others were too, but eventually left.

Why don't IPACS give them the chance or the opportunity to contribute with this small team?

As the saying goes "Small fish will become big" :)

This would probably also allow them a faster evolution of this sim card, right?

Regarding flights, I mainly fly at very low altitude, preferably with small planes, taking advantage of objects, landscapes and other nature, so it goes without saying that today, a ground texture resolution is L14 at minimum.

For those who fly with an airbus, it is clear that a resolution of L11 is enough to exploit the view at 35,000 feet.

And finally, the alternative to paid DLCs will always remain an excellent option for me, and everyone is free to choose.

Good night :sleeping:

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Most seem to forget what just a complete Europe in really high resolution is for a data set. Is a terabyte enough? Or do you need two? We don't stream anything here, we gain performance because the orthos are on the disk.

• Sorry, ortho has nothing to do with performance. What kills FPS in a SIM are: Water, weather, objects, (POI) real, or such as cars, and others... This is what makes the strength of this SIM unlike MSFS . But whether you do the ortho at 30cm in L19 or 2m in L11 will not change the performance, I have experienced it. Now the best alternative would be everyone's choice to download according to the capacity of their hard drive. 2 variant to choose from, Ortho Standard (L13) or (L15 see more in HD)

This is my conclusion :)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal