General Discussions

• I would like to see a general discussion sticky in the mobile forum. I check this forum most days. Although, I mainly read that someone wants this, or wants that. Or there’s this or that problem.

I would also like to read about peoples discoveries or experiences with the simulator. Really good airports with an amazing view, or a cool landmark. I usually fly from a few airports mainly in the U.K. however I will not have flown from all of them in the world of AF23 even when AF24 comes out.

I will usually check out airports or routes that people recommend. For example when you fly into Heathrow you will see Wembley Stadium where the FA cup is held. Or the O2 Arena near London city airport. It used to be called the Millennium Dome. It was built in 1999 to see in the new millennium. It was later bought by AEG which is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. Many famous musicians like Beyoncé have performed there.

Tell me some places I can fly to or take off from. Tell me about some of the landmarks in the area.

(Edit: please don’t just tell me how wonderful the simulator is. I already know. Send me somewhere within it. So I can see some amazing scenery or a landmark that you’re familiar with, and maybe tell me (and others) something about it.

Edited 6 times, last by Raybo (February 2, 2023 at 4:12 PM).

• Eu gostaria de ver uma discussão geral fixa no fórum móvel. Eu verifico este fórum na maioria dos dias. Embora, principalmente eu queira isso. Eu quero aquilo. Ou eu tenho este ou aquele problema.

Também gostaria de ler sobre as descobertas ou experiências das pessoas com o simulador. Aeroportos realmente bons com uma vista incrível ou um ponto de referência legal. Eu costumo voar de alguns aeroportos principalmente no Reino Unido, no entanto, não terei voado de todos eles, mesmo quando o AF24 for lançado.

Eu geralmente checo aeroportos ou rotas que as pessoas recomendam. Por exemplo, quando você voar para Heathrow, verá o Estádio de Wembley, onde a FA Cup é realizada. Ou a O2 Arena perto do aeroporto da cidade de Londres. Costumava ser chamado de Millennium Dome. Foi construído em 1999 para ver no novo milênio. Mais tarde, foi comprado pela AEG, que é um dos principais apresentadores de esportes e entretenimento do mundo. Muitos músicos famosos como Beyoncé já se apresentaram lá.

In my opinion the simulator is excellent needing only a few improvements. I bought everything that was on sale and I don't regret investing my money in the simulator. The flying experience is very realistic with at least 99% functional aircraft, increased amount of airports and high quality terrain images.

• In my opinion the simulator is excellent needing only a few improvements. I bought everything that was on sale and I don't regret investing my money in the simulator. The flying experience is very realistic with at least 99% functional aircraft, increased amount of airports and high quality terrain images.

I agree with all the above-mentioned. Although, I would love to know where you fly from and to. Do you know of any of the landmarks that you can point out. I want to go on a tour of AF23 and see things that I wouldn’t normally see.

• The simulator is amazing in my perspective and only needs a few tweaks. I took advantage of the sales and bought whatever I could afford to put toward the simulator. With orking aircraft, an expanded number of airports, and high-definition terrain photos, the flying experience is quite realistic.

I agree with all the above-mentioned. Although, I would love to know where you fly from and to. Do you know of any of the landmarks that you can point out. I want to go on a tour of AF23 and see things that I wouldn’t normally see.

• Other than problems or desires for the simulator. Doesn’t anyone want to share anything about where they fly with it. If not, I will get with the forums program. Although, I’m guessing it gives everyone here a lot of entertainment and escapism.

• You're right, there's way too much talk here about bugs and feature requests!

We should be talking much more about what the app is all about ....pretending to be a pilot!

I am very impressed with the huge areas of improved scenery in FS 2023, especially in Europe. So the flights are even more realistic and immersive when looking at the scenery. I love the wing views, especially when banking with the wing down.

My favourite routes are around southern Europe, especially the Mediterranean coast and islands (try Marseille, Nice and Genova) .... Corsica and Sardinia, Sicily.

Heres some favourites :

ALITALIA – Milan Base

• Milan – Rome – Venice – Salzburg - Milan
    • Milan - Pescara – Innsbruck – Milan
    • Milan – Toulouse – Genova – Stuttgart -Milan
    • Milan – Vienna – Trieste – Munich - Milan

ALITALIA – Bologna Base

• Bologna - Ajaccio – Cagliari – Bastia – Graz – Bologna
    • Bologna – Bari – Catania – Alghero – Bologna
    • Bologna – Crotone – Palermo - Bologna

AIR FRANCE – Nice Base

• Nice – St Gallen – Lyon – Nice
    • Nice – Pamplona – Bordeaux – Nice
    • Nice – Bergamo – Basel – Nice
    • Nice – Innsbruch - Nice

TAP – Porto Base

• Porto – Asturias – Alicante – Porto
    • Porto – Almeria – Madrid – Porto
    • Porto – Malaga – A Coruna– Porto
    • Porto – Madeira – Gran Canaria – Gibralta – Tenerife – Madeira - Porto

Edited once, last by mcgregni (February 4, 2023 at 4:59 PM).

• Oh! Thank you. These routes will keep me entertained for hours. And yes! I love to pretend I’m a pilot too. In fact, I paid for a f B737 course £1000 (5hrs over 2 days.) The pilot trainer was very impressed with how I flew. I’d gained a lot of experience through FSX and Aerofly. In fact, I found it easier to fly being in an actual cockpit with access to the the trim than with my PC or IPad.

Edited once, last by Raybo (February 4, 2023 at 9:16 PM).

• In my experience I think flying a real light aircraft visually is easier to do accurately than to try and control one on a small screen simulator.

Instrument flying is easier to manage on a touchscreen. Thats why I guess many more people use the A320 in Aerofly than those who use the Cessna!

• I fully agree with you. People here only know how to complain and demand practically impossible things, but they don't exalt the excellent quality of the simulator.

• People here only know how to complain and demand practically impossible things, but they don't exalt the excellent quality of the simulator.

Agree to disagree: yes there are a few slightly unrealistic or wacky requests made, that doesn’t say all of them are. As a matter of fact I was about to ask/request a Concorde livery. Is that too much?

In the same way, I can agree that aerofly has come a long way since 2014 or 2018, but where most people ask for something to be amended or a very small thing to be added, I don’t think it’s totally out of the question or unreasonable to ask about graphics glitches or some other bug some found with an aircraft, to be fixed. Do you?

• Although, I understand that we all want different things from the simulator. The developers cannot please all of the people all of the time. However, I would prefer that this thread stay to its point of where do other digital pilots like to fly to and what are the points of interest within the AF23 world that can shared with us.

• Although, I understand that we all want different things from the simulator. The developers cannot please all of the people all of the time. However, I would prefer that this thread stay to its point of where do other digital pilots like to fly to and what are the points of interest within the AF23 world that can shared with us.

Good point. On that bombshell…

• Concorde em discordar: sim, existem alguns pedidos ligeiramente irrealistas ou malucos feitos, isso não diz que todos eles são. Na verdade, eu estava prestes a pedir/solicitar uma pintura do Concorde. Isso é demais?

Da mesma forma, posso concordar que o aerofly percorreu um longo caminho desde 2014 ou 2018, mas onde a maioria das pessoas pede que algo seja alterado ou que algo muito pequeno seja adicionado, não acho que esteja totalmente fora de questão ou não é razoável perguntar sobre falhas gráficas ou algum outro bug encontrado em uma aeronave, a ser corrigido. Você?

De fato, você está certo, mas não encontrei nenhuma falha apreciável (bugs) no simulador, pelo menos enquanto ele estava sendo executado no meu dispositivo.

• A new discovery! Bergen airport, in Norway. Really interesting surrounds and great approaches. The airport itself is beautiful. I'm going to fly a few different routes to arrive from different countries ....from Berlin, which crosses Denmark and southern Norway. And also from Stockholm which comes in over Sweden and the mountains east of Bergen. Also the flight between Bergen and Tromso in the north will be a brilliant flight, over the whole Norwegian mountain ranges and fjords. All recommended !

• Hello, if the elevation data problems are resolved, flying in the swiss alps it’s wonderful… I usually fly in that area using AF2021 since it has lots of buildings… and even if it’s not realistic, you can try using the a320 or the b767 and fly mostly visually and create your own landing approach path… at st Stephan it feels like the videos on YouTube about Paro in Bhutan

• A new discovery! Bergen airport, in Norway. Really interesting surrounds and great approaches. The airport itself is beautiful. I'm going to fly a few different routes to arrive from different countries ....from Berlin, which crosses Denmark and southern Norway. And also from Stockholm which comes in over Sweden and the mountains east of Bergen. Also the flight between Bergen and Tromso in the north will be a brilliant flight, over the whole Norwegian mountain ranges and fjords. All recommended !

Yes! It’s a good looking airport. I did a go around using the copilot and tower view. It looks good. I wouldn’t have thought of Norway. I will explore it. 😊Thanks for the tip.

• Hello, if the elevation data problems are resolved, flying in the swiss alps it’s wonderful… I usually fly in that area using AF2021 since it has lots of buildings… and even if it’s not realistic, you can try using the a320 or the b767 and fly mostly visually and create your own landing approach path… at st Stephan it feels like the videos on YouTube about Paro in Bhutan

I started flying around Switzerland from the first Aerofly. (It was the only country available then. AF has come a long way) Switzerland is a beautiful country with some beautiful airports like Grenchen (LSZG).

• In the USA it would be hard to beat South Lake Tahoe and Mammoth, both in the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Probably best suited to light aircraft or the Q400, but I think an A320 could probably land at both as well, with good braking.

KSFO never fails to impress with great views on approach. I like coming in from the northeast and turning over the golden gate bridge.

Salt Lake City is really nice too, a circular arrival over the hills to the east looks beautiful!

• In the USA it would be hard to beat South Lake Tahoe and Mammoth, both in the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Probably best suited to light aircraft or the Q400, but I think an A320 could probably land at both as well, with good braking.

KSFO never fails to impress with great views on approach. I like coming in from the northeast and turning over the golden gate bridge.

Salt Lake City is really nice too, a circular arrival over the hills to the east looks beautiful!

I have all the regions installed. I couldn’t find and do not have South Lake Tahoe. Mammoth (KMMH) has a ground level tower view which I like.