Perspective problem RC8 VR

• PC : i9; 64Go RAM; RTX 3080; Helmet : Oculus Rift S; OpenGL

Hi,

For RC8 VR.

Perspective problem, I have the impression that the plane when it is on the ground is 5 meters above the field runway.

This is visible when the plane is near, it is less so when it is far away.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Cordially.

• Could it be that this describes your problem?

liberoreiter
    November 2, 2019 at 4:08 PM

Sorry it's in German

• PC : i9; 64Go RAM; RTX 3080; Helmet : Oculus Rift S; OpenGL

Hi,

For RC8 VR.

Perspective problem, I have the impression that the plane when it is on the ground is 5 meters above the field runway.

This is visible when the plane is near, it is less so when it is far away.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Cordially.

For VR you should use the 4D flying fields.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• oh I just got back into RC9 from RC8 and had the same issue I just posted , mmm I wonder why it cant be fixed as I dont like the 4d fields.

This has always been a known issue with VR. It doesn't bother me since there is more than enough variety with all the rc8/9 4D fields, for me at least.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Official Post

For best VR flying experience, please use the 4D sceneries. Getting realistic virtual 3D models four our photo sceneries is very hard and already slight deviations in the model are recognized in VR. So just use 4D sceneries for optimum depth perception.