Scenery Problems

• I mentioned this before but it keeps happening from time to time and it needs to be fixed. Sometimes there are trees on the south lawn of the white house and sometimes there isn't. The states capital is intermixed with another building. I haven't changed any of my quality settings as you can see from the images. What is causing this...?

• douglas55,

in my case, everything seems normal to me, but I don't know if there is always too much compared to reality?

My config is all on ultra and under vulcan.

Are you on OpenGL, try changing that?

I also notice that on the left side you are missing a building?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (February 8, 2023 at 7:58 AM).

• I'm on OpenGL, I don't have Vulcan, not sure if my video card can handle Vulcan. As far as Quality settings, I can't go any higher than "LOW" because I only have a GTX 1660 SUPER for a video card @ 6g's GDDR6 VRAM. I've tried higher settings and I get glitching and stuttering over heavy 3D scenery. On "LOW", I'm ok, except those moving black patch's out the window over the terrain sometimes. I can live with those cause I have no choice. I need a beefier video card but its just not in the budget at the present moment.

UPDATE: I tweaked my Quality settings:

Buildings: HIGH

Trees: MEDIUM

Shadow Quality: LOW

Terrain, Texture etc. : MEDIUM

Seems to have given me more buildings, but there is an ever so slight glitch as I'm flying low with a Heli touring around. I can live with it. I do 99% of my flying in Europe where I get no glitching or stuttering at all, only in the US this happens.

Anecdote: I've been to Washington with the Army Cadets here in Canada when I was 13. We were inside the White House, States Capital Building, Arlington National Cemetery, Mt Vernon etc. We stayed at Military base Balfour or Belvoir or something like that, don't remember the name.

• Okay made some more changes in the quality settings and cloud conditions etc. and it seems to be giving me a good balance. Still slight glitching in the US (as expected) but none over in Europe (never get glitching over there). Flying the F-18 is the test when strafing the ground at high speed. So far so good. :thumbup:

• I noticed too a worse performance in the US. Good performance when looking straight ahead but stuttering when looking down on the side (VR).

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I've noticed that too. I don't fly US very often if at all. Europe, Switzerland, Innsbruck, Italy etc. is where its at for me. So beautiful over there the scenery.

I've yet to try VR, but I did try it with a cell phone setup once and got virtigo and almost brought up my lunch.

For the record, I can't do roller coasters, sick like a dog after, and it lasts almost 3 days the after affects.

Edited 4 times, last by douglas55 (February 8, 2023 at 7:51 PM).