the C172 always incline on the left

• the C172 always incline on the left , correction on ailerons needed ,all the timecalibration done on the t1600

please some ideas?

just left msfs for afs4 today....

next;.....trying to understand aeroscenery, but problems with settings... with steam i install it onone ssd D:/

so what are

the 4 correct folder i have to declare ?

sorry for my english

• Simple solution is to assign keyboard shortcuts for aileron trim and rudder trim. You can then use these to zero out the roll tendency even if the real life aircraft does not have these particular trim controls, as most will only have an elevator trim control wheel. I gather most people like to have to use continuous inputs for aileron and rudder for realism though. In my case I mentally acknowledge this but since I am using an X-Box controller rather than a flight yoke and rudder pedals having to does this is somewhat fatiguing and imprecise.

A more complex solution is to use a text editor like notepad++ to edit the aircraft c172.tmd file to adjust propwash percentage and rotation for the the aerowing objects (left wing, right wing, left horizontal stabilizer, right horizontal stabilizer, vertical stabilizer) by trial and error. That is to say first adjust propwash percentage and rotation then test fly then adjust ...etc until satisfied.

Here is the relevant wiki link for the tmd.aerowing object that explains propwash parameters

aircraft:tmd:aerowing [Aerofly FS Wiki]

• The propeller slipstream flows rearwards in a spiral pattern and its top meets the vertical stabiliser and rudder slightly from the left generating a force to the right, yawing the nose of the plane to the left. Many planes have the stabiliser and rudder rigged and trimmed so as to avoid creating a yawing side force at cruise speed and power.

In the climb with a lower airspeed and a higher power output the slipstream will have a greater effect and more rudder pressure will be needed to prevent the yaw and subsequent roll to the left.

In a prolonged climb the rudder can be trimmed to remove the need for a rudder force input in some planes. The real world Cessna and the Bf109 have no pilot adjustable rudder trim and the Piper Arrow (add on from FS2) has a real world fairly useless spring pressure wind-up adjustment knob near the throttle lever.

In FS4 you can assign a rudder trim pair of inputs under Controls/General/Airplane which will give the sim Cessna and all the planes working rudder trim, I use numpad 4 and numpad 6 (numpad 1 and numpad 3 do aileron trim and a pair of joystick buttons do elevator trim. Do not pick an elevator trim axis unless you can do without the sim autopilot climb, descend and approach control).

It is authentic to have some mild difficulty controlling the sim plane, it is not all that easy in real life.

• I just stumbled across this video which talks about agricultural airplanes. At 9:15 they talk about the four different left turning tendencies and explain them quite well. These effects are all simulated in Aerofly FS.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards,

Jan

• There is a parameter in the c172.tmd file that I would consider equivalent to a trim tab setting. In the c172.tmd file you will find the following servo definitions for the Aileron and Rudder servo controls.

<[servoclassic][YokeAileron][]

<[string8][Input][AileronTrimmed.Output]>

<[float64][Speed][12.0]>

<[float64][P0][0.0]>

<[float64][P1][1.0]>

<[float64][Position][0.0]>

>

<[servoclassic][ServoRudder][]

<[string8][Input][RudderTrimmed.Output]>

<[float64][Speed][3.0]>

<[float64][P0][0.0]>

<[float64][P1][-0.524]>

<[float64][P2][0.0]>

<[float64][P3][0.0]>

>

The P0 term is a constant that is added to the controller output from your joystick or rudder pedals that is equivalent to a trim tab setting. P1 term is a multiplier constant that the controller output is multiplied by. Currently P0 set to 0.0. I believe the valid range is a floating point number between -1.0 and 1.0, obviously you would start small like maybe 0.1 plus or minus because if you use 1.0 or -1.0 you have swamped out the controller output with the highest possible value since its range is limited to -1.0 to +1.0.

Save a copy of your original c172.tmd first, then try different values for the aileron and see if you can zero out the roll rate at your preferred standard cruise speed and altitude, at say 5000 feet altitude for a c172. Not sure if altitude matters, it does if air density is modeled, but since temperature is not user specifiable I kind of doubt it.

Edited once, last by jayeye2011 (February 13, 2023 at 11:29 PM).

• I don't understand why you would want eliminate this effect in a... flight simulator. That's exactly the point, it's a simulated effect that occurs in real life aircraft and part of pilot training is to learn how to counteract this with correct use of the rudder. Very basic aircraft, the Cessna C152 for example, don't have rudder/aileron trims and therefore a pilot is taught to use the rudder during take off and climb to counteract the torque of an engine at full rpm and the effect is only lessened or eliminated when the aircraft is properly trimmed for level flight at the correct rpm.

If you remove the effect, you're not flying using a simulator... you're just playing a game.