Aerofly FS airport creation tool ( early alpha version, work in progress )

• Thank you all for the feedback. It is really appreciated. Please give us some time to collect all the feedback you send and sort it into a list we can work on or further discuss. Some wishes are easy to implement, others might not be possible. So give us some time to assemble a list.

In the meantime we have updated the software on the server. Now every user can see all airports in the system. However, the creator of the airport is the only one able to edit it. But a user can send either a request to edit the airport of another user or a user can invite another one. This feature should be used with care.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The server is still experimental and updates might break some airports, so we strongly recommend you export your airports after changing it, so you can import it back in again after a server issue.

• I wanted to test EDXE(_2/3) to see if all data is uploaded during the import. In doing so, I noticed that no aerodromes can be saved at the moment (I also logged out and logged back in). I always get this message:

Exporting is possible and when importing a manually changed tap file, all data now seem to come with it.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Addition:

When deleting EDXE_2 and EDXE_3 I get this error message:

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• admin

The airfields

- EDXE_2,

- EDXE_3 and

- TEST

I have only created for testing the airfield import, you are welcome to delete them if they disturb the current one. Otherwise, I will test the deletion when the 403 error has been eliminated. :)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• You know, it would be great if IPACS setup a system like Laminar Research has (The X-Plane Scenery Gateway) where users can create and upload airports onto an official IPACS server which serves two purposes: a) allows the general public to locate and download and immediately use those airports and b) eventually IPACS can incorporate those airports (automatic license agreement as part of upload account registration for the server) into the official Aerofly FS 4 product's airport simulation database for the next software update release.

IPACS - Check it out for yourself and hopefully do something like it:

X-Plane Scenery Gateway

• I have backed up my airfields.

Good luck with the reset.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• You know, it would be great if IPACS setup a system like Laminar Research has (The X-Plane Scenery Gateway) where users can create and upload airports onto an official IPACS server which serves two purposes: a) allows the general public to locate and download and immediately use those airports and b) eventually IPACS can incorporate those airports (automatic license agreement as part of upload account registration for the server) into the official Aerofly FS 4 product's airport simulation database for the next software update release.

IPACS - Check it out for yourself and hopefully do something like it:

https://gateway.x-plane.com

Actually I like the idea of donating our airport creations to the official core of Aerofly. Like Wikipedia we could collaborate and create as well as fix content. IPacs would curate our changes and transfer these to the main simulator or appropriate DLCs. (As I understand the actual disk size of an airport is negligible compared to ortho images.)

Ah, and think of gamification: what about becoming editor of the month or editor of the year? :D

Ladies and gentlemen, world-wide airport coverage is in our reach!

Next stop: placement of VORs and NDBs. :D

• With FSCloudPort, there has been something we can learn from for years :) . It shows that there are different demands of airfield developers, some only want the runway, others want the runway, tower and some buildings and others want all buildings and a lot of other details besides the runway. In the meantime, this leads to the fact that FSCloudPort sometimes has the same airfields several times :( , which is not always easy to understand for newcomers.

For the future, I can well imagine a combination solution:

- IPACS first offers a tool for everyone to create airfields.

- When airfields created in this way have reached a level that is still to be defined, IPACS will transfer them (of course only in agreement with the creator) into a kind of official certified user database.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I think that is a very good plan. :thumbup: :) 8)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: