Aerofly FS airport creation tool ( early alpha version, work in progress )

• admin

Yesterday I finished designing my KNHU airfield, which is compact in terms of surface area. In the process I noticed:

• Several times when creating lines I got the error message that saving was not possible because of line errors.
      => I then closed the tool, deleted the tab and opened the tool again. I did not log off and log back on each time.
      => Each time I restarted, however, the KNHU aerodrome then showed lines that I had entered, but which supposedly could not be saved because of errors with the lines.
    • I continued to work on this basis. When I then wanted to position the lines exactly with a high zoom resolution, I noticed that many lines were now present up to 3x.
      => Therefore, I then deleted the copies in the tool for the lines that I wanted to correct. :)
    • This morning I looked at the KHNU.tap with a text editor and searched for duplicates (via CTRL+F and search for identical contents in the lines "<[vector2_float64][position][]>".
      => I found a lot of duplications in tarmacs and lines. ;(
    • By hand I then created a KHNU.tap cleaned of the duplicates. and then wanted to upload this after deleting the original KNHU.tap with duplicates.
      => Unfortunately, the import of the cleaned-up KNHU.tap no longer works. :(

I am attaching all the files concerned as a zip file:

• KNHU.tap:
      -I have cleaned this file of duplicates.
      => Now I would like to import it again -- but unfortunately this does not work. :/

EDIT:
      After another revision, I was able to import KNHU.tap again. However, I did not discover any errors, I just redesigned the structure cleanly.

• KNHU___ORIGINAL_20230223_083500.tap:
      - This file is the last version I downloaded before deleting it from the tool.
    • KNHU___MULTIPLE_TARMACS_MARKED.tap:
      - In this file I have marked the duplications in the tarmarcs as an example.
  • I noticed that 32 elements of the xref list were deleted when uploading the tap file.

I have then

- an export again,

- deleted KNHU and

- uploaded a tap file corrected by the missing 32 elements.

=> IMPORT-ERROR.

Uploading without the 32 elements works.

These 32 elements are not uploaded:

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• @ApfelFlieger: I am not quite sure if I understand the issue properly. Can you provide us with a TAP file that can't be imported, to see what the issue is?

As for this issue 'Several times when creating lines I got the error message that saving was not possible because of line errors...'

can you explain to us what you did and what the error was or how we can reproduce the issue?

• @ApfelFlieger: I am not quite sure if I understand the issue properly. Can you provide us with a TAP file that can't be imported, to see what the issue is?

Here KNHU.tap comes in three versions:

• KNHU.tap___STRUCTURED_WITH_STILL_35_OBJECTS.zip
      ... contains all 35 xref objects and enabled me to upload KNHU again this morning.

When checking in the tool, I then noticed that I was missing several objects. Therefore I downloaded a KNHU.tap again to check.

• KNHU.tap___EXPORTED_AND_DIRECT_UPLOAD_POSSIBLE_AGAIN.zip
      ... is the file I then exported from the tool
      - it only has the 3 xref objects that I can also see in the tool
      - the other 32 objects are missing
      - I can upload this version again

I then extended the KNHU.tap___EXPORTED_AND_DIRECT_UPLOAD_POSSIBLE_AGAIN.zip with the missing 32 objects.

• KNHU.tap___EXPORTED_AND_SUPPLEMENTED_WITH_MISSING_OBJECTS_AND SUNSEQUENT UPLOAD_NO_LONGER_POSSIBLE.zip
      .... is the version extended by the 32 xref objects
      - I can no longer upload this version because it leads to an error message
  • @ApfelFlieger:

As for this issue 'Several times when creating lines I got the error message that saving was not possible because of line errors...'

can you explain to us what you did and what the error was or how we can reproduce the issue?

Unfortunately, I cannot provide an exact description, although I have had the error several times.

I work with SAFARI on a MacBookPro and use the built-in trackpad.

When creating tarmacs and lines, I now save very often in order to be able to isolate the cause as precisely as possible. However, I have not yet succeeded in doing this.

However, it has happened to me several times that at some point while drawing lines or positioning or changing the tarmac or line texture, the CROSS ON THE RED CIRCLE is suddenly shown when saving the tarmac or line. Unfortunately, I have not yet found out exactly which action led to this.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• Thanks for the tip, Wünsch :) , but it is not the error. :(

However, I have looked at the file again -- and successfully found the error: :)

For a reason that is not clear to me, the "[element]" field in the line "[tm_airport_pd_xref][element][]" got lost at some point. I entered it manually -- and now all the data is there again. :)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I support the question of TigerG2017 , because I would now like to test how the airfields I have completed are "in real life" in FS4 as a final check.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• @ApfelFlieger:

I am confident that I will be able to describe the origin of the error later today.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I have some wishes/suggestions for the tool:

AIRPORTS-LIST

I think it would be good if this could be sorted by authors.

I would also like a filter by country and author.

MARKING OF AIRPORTS

In FSCloudPort you can tell by the colour intensity of the airfield symbol whether the airfield contains rather few or rather many details; something like that would not be bad in this tool either. This could be realised e.g. with the outer colour of the symbols in the map.

In addition, I would like to have the possibility to indicate with two colours whether the airfield I have created is

- "still under construction (= YELLOW) or

- "finished" (= GREEN).

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• @ApfelFlieger:

I can reproduce the error ...

To draw a line, I start by setting the first point and end by setting the last point by double-clicking.

However, if I notice while drawing the line that it is wrong (e.g. because I have to turn the direction for a HOLDING-LINE by 180°), I can also end the drawing of the line with ESC -- however, this then leads to the error when saving.

If I then close the tab and edit the aerodrome again, saving works again - but all the changes made since the last saving are now missing.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Hi.

I've been using the airport creation tool, and it seem very good. I was just having an issue with it duplicating several times the apron I draw. I don't know if it is a bug, or my mistake. I exported the tap file, edited it to remove the duplicates, and then deleted the airport and imported the file, and it solve the problem.

This made me think it would be very nice to have a side pane with a list of all the objects in our scene (a kind of an Outliner, as seen in Blender or Maya, for example), where we could select or delete any object

Nuno Felix

• Moin Michael,

I use SAFARI on a MacBookPro and can can create the error like this (I just tested it with EDXE):

• click on the "Simple Draw Shapes" function
    • click on the function "Draw Line
    • set the first point of the line
    • drag the mouse without setting another point
    • press ESC
      => line disappears
    • SAVE
      => error

In this case you have to close the EDIT-Tab and reopen it, then you can save again.

I also tried out what happens if there is already a line as element "0" -- this is doubled (element "1"):

Code
     <[list_tm_airport_pd_line][lines][]
        <[tm_airport_pd_line][element][0]
            <[list_vector2_float64][points][(7.490688886 52.277543284) (7.490545388 52.277276608) ]>
            <[string8][name][yellow]>
        >
        <[tm_airport_pd_line][element][1]
             <[list_vector2_float64][points][(7.490688886 52.277543284) (7.490545388 52.277276608) ]>
             <[string8][name][yellow]>
        >
    >

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Hi,

I have been creating Belgian airports for Aerofly FS2 for now using WED for layout purpose and MCX to translate it to Aerofly. (EBBR,EBFN,EBFS,EBBL, EBUL..)

Combined with the different conversion tools I was able to achieve decent results. The new web tool seems to be promising and I would like to give it a try and give feedback.

Thanks for your support.