Aerofly FS airport creation tool ( early alpha version, work in progress )

LPSC:

The center of this airfield on the map is a bit to the right of the proper airfield. I tried to change the ‘model_center’ value manually in the TAP file, but it doesn’t change, on the map

The specific error is that LPSC has different data in the FS4 database than your version.

Try this one:

- rename the tap-dates to lpsc01.tap (this ICAO code is not assigned)

- change the ICAO code in lpsc01.tap from LPSC to LPSC01

- also enter a short name (FS4 always displays the short name)

=> You will then get your aerodrome correctly displayed.

admin :

The FS4 database may need to be corrected for LPSC.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

LPSR:

In this airfield, I added some parking spots, but in the Location menu of the sim, when selecting one of this parking spots, I don’t get the options for ‘ready for taxi’, ‘before engine’ start and ‘cold and dark’ on the side panel

The concrete mistake here is:

The ICAO in the lpsr.tap must (!) be entered in capital letters for FS4 to read it correctly.

I reported this error to admin some time ago.

I always enter the ICAO code in upper case in the tool, but then change the file name to lower case when exporting, because this is more compatible for FS4.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

LP0048:

This one is a small dirt airstrip. The problem is it’s not showing on the sim at all

The error here could be that you have not entered an aerodrome boundary.

Try this:

- enter an airfield boundary

- enter a short name

=> In my opinion, it should then work.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Thank you for the feedback. The discrepancies between your airport and our own database is something we are working on. Sorry we can't say yet when we have a solution for this problem.

Also heliport 'only' airfields is something we will fix in the external tool soon.

In the meantime we have updated the software with the following changes:

• Airport list is now filterable and sortable by country and creator.2) Zoom buttons are now implemented on the edit page of an airport.
    • Selected lines and tarmacs are now displayed in red.
    • Lines are now thicker to make them easier to click.
    • Objects got a different icon.
    • Info text about object rotation has been adjusted.
    • When editing a runway, the length is now also displayed (but is not editable).
    • When creating a new airport, the ICAO code is now always saved in capital letters.
  • That is all correct as far as it goes. Aerofly looks in an internal database to see if it can find the airport, usually according to ICAO. I don't know enough about the details. In very rare cases it can happen that the position in the database is wrong. That is also the cause of the problems with the parking positions. Because they are too far away from the position of the airport.

The display of the parking positions is determined by the currently selected aircraft.

LP0048: This is also a type of airfield that we have not considered yet. We will continue to support these extremely small airfields in the future.

greetings

Wünsch

LP0048: This is also a type of airfield that we have not considered yet. We will continue to support these extremely small airfields in the future.

greetings

Wünsch

So LP0048 works for me:

• The main mistake was that there was no boundary of the airfield, I added that once.
    • I also entered the short name so that FS4 would show the airfield.

admin

It seems to me that if no boundary is entered, the tool has one too many ">" characters after the airfield data in one line:

I have attached the complete data, whereby I have structured the tap file "cleanly".

Files

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Hi

Heliports are only shown in FS4 if I have selected a helicopter as the aircraft

I tried that, but the heliport shows on the map, but not in the scenery

To suppress FS4's own buildings and plants, you have to use Tamaras - works great.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is 'Tamaras'?

Try this one:

- rename the tap-dates to lpsc01.tap (this ICAO code is not assigned)

- change the ICAO code in lpsc01.tap from LPSC to LPSC01

- also enter a short name (FS4 always displays the short name)

I will try that, and all your other suggestions.

Thanks a lot for the patience to write all this detailed help

Nuno Felix

• Is it possible to set the orientation of parking spots?

Yes, on the trackpad of my Mac, I rotate the park position by pressing the SHIFT key and sliding two fingers up or down.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is 'Tamaras'?

Sorry, my spelling programme made a mistake, I meant tarmac:

I make tarmac under each building to hide FS4-owned objects there.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Hi

I tried that, but the heliport shows on the map, but not in the scenery

Unfortunately, FS4 does not currently show helipads from the tap file.

Therefore I am currently working with a trick:

- I use an http://FS2.tsc/wad with a free ICAO code to display objects (e.g. a helipad) from FS2 in parallel to the http://FS4.tsc/wad.

As an example, I attach "Quatum River Mountain North" from the project "PNW: Quatam River v2.0", which I am currently upgrading for FS4. Here you can see how I use ca9305 files as well as 9305h1 files to display objects.

Files

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• admin

By now we have 101 airfields in the tool. In order to use them, you have to

- first download the tap file and

- then convert it.

Overall, I find this too cumbersome for the simple user.

=> Is there any plan to make it possible to download the converted files in addition to downloading the tap file?

Since yesterday, the base map from Google is darker again and has the (annoying) notes "For development purposes only", which was in the past also sometimes and then was gone again.

=> Where does this come from and can I influence it myself?

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• @ApfelFlieger: Can you try and check again, it should no longer show the 'for development only' text.

👍😀

As for converting the airports, I am afraid we can't change that. The web tool is not supposed to include the conversion process.

Pity.

We should consider in the community how we can make airfields completed in the tool available to the general public in a similar way to FSCloudPort.

We already have a platform with flight-sim.org, but putting every airfield from the tool there now also makes it confusing.

One idea could be to include a link in the tool to a database in which the converted airfields are stored.

Overall, I like the FSCloudPort, where you can search for your airfields from the map.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Dear Ipac,

Thanks a lot for the hard work and the nice progress!

I was wondering if it makes sense to import a TOC file. This would speedup creating airports that existed already in FS2 with the new improved
    ground textures, runways, lighting etc.

I am trying to avoid editing the .tap file too much and keep everything inside your new tool.

Thanks.

Stefan

• I have already tested whether the toc-files can be transferred to the tap-files :/ : Yes, it works in principle. :)

However, there are some boundary conditions that have to be taken into account:

• Designation of the individual data fields 8)
      - With FIND&REPLACE I have changed the FS2 designations into the FS4 designations.
    • Lower case of the xref objects:
      - With FIND&REPLACE (one after the other for a, b, c, ...) I changed all upper case letters into lower case letters. :)
      - If you don't do this, the FS AirportCrationTool shows every wrong spelling of an xref-object during import.
    • Orientation adjustment: ;(
      - This is the most time-consuming part, because no FIND&REPLACE can be used here, but you have to go through object by object. When converting, it should be noted:
      -- FS2 has its own orientation:
      ---- 0° is at 3 o'clock
      ---- counting counter-clockwise
      -- FS4, on the other hand, is "normal":
      ---- 0° is at 0 o'clock
      ---- clockwise counting

This results in:
      - if the FS2 orientation is in the range 0°-90°, the following applies:
      -- FS4° = 90° - FS2°
      - if the FS2 orientation is in the range 91°-359°,
      -- FS4° = 450-FS2°.

This can also be easily calculated in Excel with a small formula.

Files

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: