• I’m going to say this pretty bluntly: I’m sick of these crashes.

I downloaded AF2023 back in December when it launched, and everything was fine. Until I decided to do a couple flights with the United 78x between Newark and various places in Europe. Rome, it did. Brussels, it did. Amsterdam, it did. The return flight however, Amsterdam to Newark, repeatedly led to crashes. I don’t know why, or how, because it managed the other flights just fine. It seems that the UK scenery is the problem.

I’m writing this now because it’s happened again. After having the sim crash over and over, I deleted and reinstalled it to see if that would fix anything. I take a Concorde out of London, it’s fine. Now I try to fly over southern Britain (as you can’t really avoid while flying between the US and continental Europe), and it poops itself again. Lufthansa 744, FRA-JFK. It crashes just after departure from Frankfurt. I restart the flight 2 hours later, and while flying over Britain, it crashes again.

I really don’t mean to sound frustrated because I love this sim, and I’m not sure if my device is genuinely a potato, or something is wrong with the sim. The fact it’s crashed about 4 times over the UK seems to say something about where the fault is. For reference I always restarted and shut everything down before starting aerofly, to ensure it doesn’t run out of RAM mid-flight. I have a feeling the scenery is dodgy or some small update has broken my sim.

Any advice apart from restarting and shutting down beforehand is appreciated.

• You don’t say which device you’re using. Being in the U.K. I often fly around the U.K. The sim has never crashed on my devices. (iPad Pro and occasionally iPhone XR). Therefore, I don’t see how the problem stems from the U.K. scenery as a global issue. What device do you use?

• You don’t say which device you’re using. Being in the U.K. I often fly around the U.K. The sim has never crashed on my devices. (iPad Pro and occasionally iPhone XR). Therefore, I don’t see how the problem stems from the U.K. scenery as a global issue. What device do you use?

I use a pretty old 6th generation iPad, but I don’t see why it keeps crashing. I never had a problem with the UK scenery until I tried to do Amsterdam back to Newark. The way out and other flights back between Rome and Brussels worked fine. I don’t feel like reinstalling the sim will do anything this time.

• I use an iPad 7th gen. And I also have problems flying over the UK. Within the uk it works smooth and all but when I fly intercontinental from the us to Europe it always crashes when I reach the coast of the uk. Therefore I always route past England and it works fine, but a problem in the uk scenery is imminent.

• I use an iPad 7th gen. And I also have problems flying over the UK. Within the uk it works smooth and all but when I fly intercontinental from the us to Europe it always crashes when I reach the coast of the uk. Therefore I always route past England and it works fine, but a problem in the uk scenery is imminent.

I will do an experiment with this. Do you fly real time or fast forward? Which airports do you fly from and to? I will try as in the authors post. Amsterdam to Newark.

Oh there we go I’m not the only one. At least.

• I will do an experiment with this. Do you fly real time or fast forward? Which airports do you fly from and to? I will try as in the authors post. Amsterdam to Newark.

Frankfurt to JFK also works, basically anything international that involves flying over the uk, flying from London is fine but it’s where I’m at altitude and get over the coast that it crashes.