Using ATC Chatter in Aerofly is Possible

• For those of you who want to add a bit of realism to your flying, you can in fact use ATC Chatter for Aerofly. You just need to set it up manually. I have the program installed for xplane and msfs and I was trying to figure out how to use it in Aerofly since the company does not have a version for the sim. I simply open up the ATC Chatter program (either the MSFS or xplane version, whatever you had purchased in the past) and click on the settings>radios. I then unclick "only play chatter when your COM1/COM2 radio is powered up". I then click on the region where I'm currently flying and choose approach, tower, center, departure, etc. to load up those specific sound files I want to play. Since I fly in VR, I also ensure the audio device, for instance Oculus headphones, are clicked on in the settings>output device. That is all. It works fantastic and the sound clips play over the in-game engine sounds. Maybe others knew this was possible, but I did not. Hope it helps a few of you!

LINK: https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-overview/

Edited 5 times, last by Verserage (March 3, 2023 at 10:31 PM).

• Verserage March 3, 2023 at 4:59 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Using FS ATC Chatter in Aerofly is Possible” to “Using ATC Chatter in Aerofly is Possible”.
  • hey,

I have now also installed the program for the Aerofly FS2/4 on the tip. Works great, thanks for the tip!

Had previously bought the program for the MSFS2020 Pilot2ATC and was therefore able to benefit immediately. By the way, there are more than 10000 files with the current update more, so it doesn't get boring...

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-overview/ :) :thumbup:

Froher Gruss :)

Para

Edited once, last by paranovski (March 3, 2023 at 10:14 PM).

• Hallo,

ich interessiere mich auch für den ACT Chatter. Da ich immer VR fliege Frage ich mich ob man das Menu um

die Frequenzen einzustellen auch in VR sehen kann.

Nutzt jemand hier ATC Chatter im VR Modus?

Für Tipps im Voraus besten Dank.

Gruß Bernd

Hello,

I am also interested in the ACT Chatter. Since I always fly VR, I wonder if you can change the menu

adjust the frequencies can also see in VR.

Does anyone here use ATC Chatter in VR mode?

Many thanks in advance for tips.

Greetings Bernd

• Anyone having a more specific tutorial on how to get this to work? :)

I already own a copy of ATC-Chatter :)

I'm not sure what else I can add specifically. You're basically running the ATC Chatter app independently from the sim and playing the sound files in background, setting them to wherever you are flying. That's why it is necessary as I mention in directions to unclick "only play chatter when your COM1/COM2 radio is powered up". So maybe a good first step is to follow the directions above and see if you can play the sound files on your pc without loading the sim. It's a pretty easy process, but I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well.

• I'm not sure what else I can add specifically. You're basically running the ATC Chatter app independently from the sim and playing the sound files in background, setting them to wherever you are flying. That's why it is necessary as I mention in directions to unclick "only play chatter when your COM1/COM2 radio is powered up". So maybe a good first step is to follow the directions above and see if you can play the sound files on your pc without loading the sim. It's a pretty easy process, but I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well.

Hi,

Sorry, you were all clear about instructions!! :) - i figured that i own "X-ATC-Chatter" which is a direct plugin for X-plane, and therefore cannot work "alone", and with Aerofly.

I bought the FS-ATC-Chatter, and it all worked perfect in Aerofly, and i really appreciate the tip! :)

Aerofly has come to life, especially in VR :)

Thanks! ;)