Saint Barthélemy Airport

• Hi,

I tried to create the Saint Barthélemy Airport in Aerofly FS 4 using the new Airport creation tool.

However, I have two Problems:

1. The auto elevation is kind of wrong. Is there a way I can adjust the height myself?

2. How can I add the automatic Scenery Cultivation? Currently there aren't any buildings, trees, etc.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

• To enter the height, I follow these steps:

- export tap file

- in the exported tap file enter the height by hand and save it

- delete the airfield in the tool

- import tap file again

This is also how I enter positions or orientations when I transfer them from FS2.tsc files. I also do it this way when creating military airfields with pixelated airfields - with success.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• That didn't really solve the Issue. See the attached Pictures below:

• Unfortunately, my theory has not yet helped me in practice either. :(

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• Official Post

Some airports are difficult for the auto height method, especially if the elevation data around the airport changes a lot, for example a steep drop at the side of the runway. In this case the method might fail or produce suboptimal results. For example we use hand made airports for Madeira airport of Courchevel.

But the majority of airports should work fine, so we have to check and see why it fails in certain cases. Here it would help if you could provide us with a list of ICAO codes of airports created with our new web tool so we can take a look at it.

• For me this would be:

- FR0053: 3 helipads on a slope

- FR0347: Runway only partially visible

- LF2921: Runway only partially visible

- LF2922: Runway only partially visible

- LF2923: runway only partially visible

- LFRL (still in preparation!): Asphalt partially not visible

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I also have the issue with some airports, especially in hilly terrain, but sometimes also for quite flat terrain.

My workaround actually is to place smaller or larger holes at the border of the airport, a bit outside of where the problem with the mesh occurs.

e.g. for LSZI:

This works often with a bit of try on error.

Of course, it would be better if IPACS can fix the issue.

Cheers,

Christophe