Dual Rates / Trim

• I am running Aerofly RC8 on an iMac with a Spektrum 2000 dongle and Spektrum DX8 (silver version) radio trying to improve my beginner rc flying skills. I designated a channel to the Aerofly on my radio, followed the easy set up procedures as per the Aerofly manual. I have chosen is the PT 40 as it seems to be the simplest model to train with.

The program fires up on my iMac, the graphics seem fine and the simulator reacts to my DX8.

Aerofly 8 is set up as, SIMULATOR on a channel in my DX8. I set F Mode and put three different percentages for the Ailerons, Elevator and Rudder on the SIMULATOR channel.
    I am having great difficulty controlling the plane and don't know if it's me or the program.

Can someone out there answer the questions below and give me help with these issues:

Is F Mode set up to accomplish dual rates necessary in this situation ?
    Could these settings be affecting the performance of the program?
    Are there more settings I need to include on that channel in my radio ?
    Are there more settings I need to include on Aerofly 8 ?

I would like to be able to trim the plane and set dual rates to control it better, is this possible ?

I notice that on the radio display that appears on the screen there are different Modes such as Mode 1, Mode 2, etc. I cannot find an explanation for these modes.
    When I change the Mode setting the plane acts differently. For example...in Mode 2 the plane throttles up on its own and begins moving and I have no control of it sometimes when I boot up the program.

Thank you,

William

• hi willam just make sure your mode in the sim is in the right mode
    and make sure in your transmitter your plane is in fixed wing and not delta that made me have some isue aswell

• Can someone out there answer the questions below and give me help with these issues pertinent to my situation ?

Is F Mode set up to accomplish dual rates necessary in this situation ?

Could these settings be affecting the performance of the program?

Are there more settings I need to include on that channel in my radio ?

Are there more settings I need to include on Aerofly 8 ?

I would like to be able to trim the plane and set dual rates to control it better, is this possible ?

I notice that on the radio display that appears on the screen there are different Modes such as Mode 1, Mode 2, etc. I cannot find an explanation for these modes.

When I change the Mode setting the plane acts differently. For example...in Mode 2 the plane throttles up on its own and begins moving and I have no control of it sometimes when I boot up the program.

• Hello William,

As a beginner, I think you won't need to worry about dual rates - just set up a new model and bind that to your WS2000. That way, if things go wrong, you have the simplest setup to work from. The next thing to sort out is what mode you are using:

Learn about Mode 1 vs Mode 2:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Once you have that sorted, check to see whether the plane's controls move appropriately with your controller. When you apply left sticks, does the rudder and ailerons move correctly etc. You may need to reverse some controls in Aerofly to get that right.

Then if everything is moving in the correct direction - you should be good to go.