City Lights (Night)

• I must say first of all that what the developers/team have done with this game is great. It looks terrific and I have bought everything. What woukd really put the icing on the cake is city lights. I would actually prefer that to city buildings, which im not a big fan of tbh,sorry. Are there any plans to implement city lights in the future, or am I able to download user created content to have city lights on mobile for aerofly 2023 on mobile? Thanks.

• I love to see trees. Nevertheless I agree. Night flights would be more worthwhile if there were city lights.

Tbh, I don't have a clue how easy it would be to implement lights, and I would imagine it would be quite time consuming and take up lots of resources including money. But yeah, it would be great to see. I believe the maps we see are real life maps so I don't know if it would be possible to do the same thing with a night time map. I don't know if there is such a thing as a real life night time map. As, I said before I think the game looks amazing and I'm very happy with how it looks, but city lights, for me, would just be the icing on the cake. I would certainly be willing to pay a good bit extra for city lights.

• The really good city lights so far have been in places like Denver where mountains or sea terminate the lights well before they can stretch to the horizon. In the absence of inverse square law dimming with distance, very far away lights currently swamp out the background darkness and merge together creating an unconvincing solid glow. The Spanish/Catalan Mediterranean coast where there is sea opposite mountains should be good.

• The really good city lights so far have been in places like Denver where mountains or sea terminate the lights well before they can stretch to the horizon. In the absence of inverse square law dimming with distance, very far away lights currently swamp out the background darkness and merge together creating an unconvincing solid glow. The Spanish/Catalan Mediterranean coast where there is sea opposite mountains should be good.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm new to aerofly (Did use Infinate Flight) I have seen Denver and city lights mentioned before, in other threads, but Denver city lights were in a previous game, is that right? If so, do you think they might add Denver city lights and possible places like the Spanish/Catalan Mediterranean Coast, as you suggested, in the future? I've no idea what 'inverse square law dimming' is. Is that something that is needed at the game developers side or is something that something the end users device would need the capability to do? Do you know if there is such a thing as real life night time maps, such as the ones we see in this game but obviously shot at night? Or do lights have to be added onto the map?

Sorry for all the questions and no probs if you don't know the answers. All good. Just interested.

It's actually quite incredible what they are able to do on mobile as regards to gaming. I've been really impressed with aerofly 2023. I can only imagine what we will see in the future. I would not have believed that I would be able to play a flight sim, of this standard, on a mobile phone and tablet, if someone had said to me, just a few years ago, that I would have been able to.

• 2023 seems in a state of flux, it might be different next month? Here is Denver in Aerofly FS2021, a real keeper version.

Inverse square law meant that lights three times further away should look 1/9th as bright. In Aerofly the lights do not dim with distance or have their density numbers reduced to simulate distance. You can see the distant city is brighter than it is close to the plane.

• Thanks, I think I've learned something . 👍Yeah, I can see what you mean about the lights in the distance being so bright, although it still looks good. I think I will actually buy this previous version too, just to see what it's like and to have the option of city lights on some routes. Obviously, the ultimate would be to have an actual real-life nightime map in the future, where we can see what is actually seen from the air at night in real life. As I said, it's quite incredible what they have achieved already and and in what seems to be quite a short period of time. No doubt things will continue to improve even further. Exciting times ahead.

• 2019 and 2021 (I deleted 2020 and 2022 in iPadOS) don’t have Spain and 2023 doesn’t have city/town lights so you will not get lights in mobile apart from 2021and 2022’s Denver.

If you had 2021 it would be worth keeping it - and its storage space but buying 2021 just for Denver is up to you. I do not remember if it has other city lights, it has a nice built up London which looks good landing on London City (steep approach) airport.

FS2022 in Android also has Denver lights. FS2022 Barcelona has a very nice airport at night but no city lights.

Edited once, last by Overloaded: FS2022 Denver lights in Android. (March 23, 2023 at 10:57 AM).

• It is frustrating that some of the best bits get taken out so as to add other best bits. Maybe it would be helpful to IPacs if they did some research with us (their customers) to get an idea as to what the market wants. As customers we all agree that this is the best mobile sim on the market (right now.) IPacs shouldn’t ignore market forces. Customers will always give their money to whoever is giving them what they want. It is annoying to feel the need to keep previous purchases which take up precious memory space because something that made that iteration of the sim awesome has been taken out.

Edited once, last by Raybo (March 20, 2023 at 12:33 AM).