Trackir5 stops working

• Hello all,

Switched over to FS4 some time ago. Up till now there were no problems at all with this flightsim. Sometimes during flight I realize I allways dreamed of a flight simulator that just does what it is created for: flying. No windows related or other problems ever occure. But... there is a first time for everything. As the title says Trackir5 stops working with FS4. It is in the hardwarelist between my stick and Saitek panels, I can switch it to on, but it does not do anything. I tried every possible solution I found on the internet, uninstalled and installed the latest version but no result. It seems there is nothing wrong with Trackir itself because it works with American Truck Simulator as it should.

Anyone with good advice ?

Regards, Peter

• Peter, please ensure your TrackIR software is up to date. We had a customer with the same issue, see here.

Once TrackIR is up tot date, you can use it within Aerofly FS. No need to configure anything in the controller settings, this can be ignored.

• Hallo Peter,

Vielleicht hat es was mit den Energieoptionen zu tun?

Stelle mal sicher, ob alle USB nicht im Schlafmodus sind bzw. ob die USB-Ports ständig zu 100% laufen.

Meine mal gelesen zu haben das könnte das Problem sein.

Froher Gruss :)

Para

• Hallo Paranovski,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware of the possible USB Power problems, it was a constantly returning issue with my Saitek panels when running FSX. To resolve the problem I had to dig into the Windows Registry to reset USB Power Management which is always a tricky thing to do. But with Aerofly these kind of irritating issues simply do not exist. Trackir is detected, I can see the sliders moce when moving my head, but in the cockpit views remain static.

I will report back, but not this weekend anymore.

Regards, Peter

• When moving my head the 3 headsymbols in the Trackir software move normally and I see 1 green light in the camera. After starting AFS4 the second green light comes on, which means the camera detects a trackir related game. Once inside AFS4 I see Trackir mentioned in the controllerlist. Now I jump into the cockpit where I can only move around using my mouse. Moving my head does not have any effect. No matter which aircraft I select. This happened out of the blue without an error message.

Thank you for helping me, have a nice weekend!

Peter

• Opening the TM.log file I found this:

0.76-tmsystobiieyex: initializing Tobii Eye...

0.76-tmsysinputdevice: searching for input devices...

0.76-tmsysinputdevicejoystick:searching joysticks...

0.78-tmsysinputdevicejoystick: joystick 0: 'SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick' axes=4 buttons=12 slider=1 pov=1 type=00010214

0.78-tmsysinputdevice: 1 devices found= (SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick) (43f5b90a0e8191dc)

0.78-tmsystrackir: initializing trackir...

0.84-tmsystobiieyex: ERROR: (TrackWindow failed)

0.84-tmsystobiieyex: shutting down Tobii Eye... done

0.84-tmsystrackir: successfully initialized (version 5.0)

Which means nothing to me, of course. Anyone else??