New Aerofly FS 4 Release Now Available!

• If I'm at the RW and change the CRZ ALT in the navigation menu, should the CRZ ALT in the FMC and MCP adapt?

I'm asking cause it's not happening in the A380. Actually: Even when starting a flight anew and setting a CRZ ALT,
    the plane makes up its one CRZ ALT after loading the flight.

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) Found a bug in the A380: Time skipping will increase the CRZ ALT, which is set in the FMC.
    I just took off with my CRZ ALT set to FL240 in the FMC, skipped some time, and suddenly the CRZ ALT
    was set to FL 431. If time skipping happens during CRZ, this behavior will put you back in CLB phase.
    PS: Entering a flight number will still delete the entire flight plan in the A380.

Edited 2 times, last by Mr_Smith (June 7, 2023 at 3:36 PM).

• I'm not sure if that is a bug:

A320: After passing the ACCEL HEIGHT, the plane bugs up for 250 knots

even though slats are still out. This will cause overspeed if the slats are not
    retracted fast enough. Should the FMC target speed not be limited by
    the speed which the current flap setting allows?

• I'm not sure if that is a bug:

At the acceleration altitude the A320 will accelerate until reaching 250 KTS (or less if there's a constraint). At 212 KTS the flaps will be retracted automatically leaving the slats (Flaps 1+F > Flaps 1). You have to retract the flaps.

I often fly manually until 5000 ft. So I make the plane accelerate as I want by adjusting the pitch.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Before takeoff, you can also go to the MCDU.

Page TAKEOFF, the THR RED/ACC field is already set to the altitude of lever reduction (+1000 ft AGL) and the same for the altitude of acceleration. You can change it to 1500/3000 ft AGL (you'll have to translate it in MSL knowing that the originale value here is 1000/1000 AGL but writes in MSL).

So the plane climb, at 1500 ft AGL you reduce thrust, the plane maintain 170 KTS until reaching 3000 ft AGL. Then the plane accelerate, unless...

Unless you had reset a speed in the next page CLIMB in PRESEL.

MCDU > PERF > TAKEOFF > THR RED/ACC = altitude of thrust reduction/altitude of acceleration

MCDU > PERF > CLIMB > PRESEL = speed after altitude of acceleration

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Official Post

I'm not sure if that is a bug:

That is correct behavior to my best of knowledge, based on videos of the real world aircraft.

• I have the same problem. Flight from Venice to Berne. There is a discontinuity of the flight path on ND before waypoint BIRKI. There the LearJet leaves the flight path. One can see the discontinuity of the purple line very clearly.

Question: is this finally fixed in an alpha version?

It still happens in live version (eg.flight to LSZH) and it is really frustrating when the airplane does not follow the plan for the last leg of approach. I do not need new aircraft when things like this do not work.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Hi Jet-Pack (IPACS) ,

After parking at night at LFLL, I realized that the airport lights have no impact on the interior of the aircraft. Strangely enough, the cockpit windows don't let any light through, I wonder if this is done on purpose or if it's a mistake. Here the screen

That is intentional because the light does not throw any shadows and it would look as if the entire cockpit glows.

In a perfect world devices would have enough computing power to render thousands of real time lights that cast shadows. Ray tracing comes closer to that goal but that would not run on mobile devices which our engine also supports.

• That is intentional because the light does not throw any shadows and it would look as if the entire cockpit glows.

In a perfect world devices would have enough computing power to render thousands of real time lights that cast shadows. Ray tracing comes closer to that goal but that would not run on mobile devices which our engine also supports.

Does it mean that we wil be getting RTX support in the coming versions of Aerofly FS for PC?? :/

Best Regards,

Pratik

• And if I could get ChicagoCity from ORBX to work on FS4, that would be a dream. :)

It worked for the Netherlands and KCGX (Chicago Meigs Field).

With the new FS 4 beta (4.03.01.16 (20230922)), Chicago is now available without ORBX. :thumbup: :)

KCGX from ORBX also continues to work.😁

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• With the new FS 4 beta (4.03.01.16 (20230922)), Chicago is now available without ORBX. :thumbup: :)

KCGX from ORBX also continues to work.😁

That's right Michael, and I always prefer to add the complement. Too bad we're just missing the Stadium and the Ferris Wheel :)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

In FS 2, under LOCATION in the "Choose your starting location" window, the position is shown with 4 decimal places:

In FS 4 the position is only shown with 2 decimal places:

I find it very helpful to see more than 2 decimal places for precise positioning when developing and testing airfields and other objects - I would prefer 6 decimal places, but I would like at least 4 decimal places.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries