New Aerofly FS 4 Release Now Available!

• I have this effect:

When I switch to the tower view, it is sometimes first night and only when I briefly press the time switch button once does it fit the time of day. :/

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I want to share a few more thoughts on the beta:

1. I'm super happy about the update on the progress page!
    2. If I could make small wish:
      In the real Boeing FMC, pressing the VNAV button on the FMC, will automatically
      open the VNAV page of the ACT flight phase, as far as I can tell.
      So Let's say, you are in CRZ and press the VNAV button on the FMC,
      then it will take you to the CRZ page right away. This would come in quite handy!
    3. If I could make a bigger wish:
      It would be awesome to have THR REDUCTION and ACCEL HT implemented.
      Especially for the bigger birds I would often like to increase both to let's say 1500,
      so that the FD commands pitch-down a bit later, but changing the values doesn't impact the take off logic.
      I know this is more of an advanced feature, but I don't think it is too complicated
      since automated speed bug-up (ACCEL HT) and thrust-reduction (THR RED) are already modeled correctly,
      just that they are both triggered at a fixed value of 1000 ft AGL.
    4. The new time skipping menu could need a demonstration video on youtube :D.
      I can't quite get my head around it yet...

Edited once, last by Mr_Smith (May 7, 2023 at 12:11 AM).

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

ASF4 beta / A320 / Skip Time / Cruise Altitude problem:

Set a cruise altitude lower than FL390. For example FL250.

Use Skip Time the number of times to reach FL250. Then use Skip Time again and again. Each use will increase 1000 FT to the cruise altitude until reaching FL390. At FL390, the FL CRZ in the INIT PAGE will be lastly increased to FL400.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Official Post

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

AFS4 beta / A320 / Navigation Display does not show wind at takeoff. The wind ends to be displayed after the first acceleration on the runway.

It now behaves just like in real life. That is intentional behavior. The wind computation requires a certain minimum ground speed to become active.

• Official Post

1. thanks!

2. Good suggestion!

3. Editing the thrust reduction and acceleration height fields should already be editable in the Boeing FMCs. Is it no longer working?

4. yes.

• 3. Editing the thrust reduction and acceleration height fields should already be editable in the Boeing FMCs. Is it no longer working?

So this is my understanding:
    - Not until reaching the ACCEL HT, which is set in the FMC, VNAV will bug up speed beyond V2+20 (and the FD will act accordingly).

- Not until reaching the THR REDUCTION, which is set in the FMC, thrust will switch over from TO to CLB.

You can actually edit both values in the FMC, but the change has no effect
    since both values are still set to 1000 internally:

As the screenshot shows, VNAV still bugs up speed at 1000 ft AGL and thrust is still reduced at 1000 ft AGL...

Edited 3 times, last by Mr_Smith (May 7, 2023 at 3:07 PM).

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

AFS4 beta / A320

I assigned a key to walk through each family view category.

If I use the one for tower views, I obtain black contents (see the attachments). And no sound.

I can restore images by using my keys I assigned for adjusting time. But still no sound even if I use the Q key for quiet or not quiet.

To retrieve sound I have to quit Aerofly.

• Official Post

737 ILS a/p disconnect at 100’ agl ALARM will not stop. It does not switch off.

A/P off, f/d off, engine generators off, battery off, engines off, dark cockpit no good (but the red light goes out, still LOUD).

Go for a new flight and reengage the a/p and it shuts up !

Please push the autopilot light to turn off the warning or press the autopilot disengage button a second time. Or leave the assistance auto warnings on, that should silence the warning after a bit.

• There is one change in the beta that I don't like:

• in the previous FS4:
      I can park the sim, change location and then start again in parked mode.
      => This is especially helpful when controlling airfields during development. :)
    • in the beta:
      After a change of location, the simulation always starts immediately in unparked mode and must first be parked again. :(

=> Here I would like it to be the same as before, because it is a little more comfortable.👏

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• A320 cold and dark should work again

Not at all unfortunately ;(.

The tm.log file attachment.

PS: I also tried with an official livery (same crash)

Files

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (May 8, 2023 at 6:08 PM).

• Your program version is 4.03.01.01 but it should be 4.03.01.03.

Please restart Steam and check if an update is available.

I received an update today (attachment: FR "8 mai" / EN "May the 8th").

PS: is it possible that I received an other update I missed and that the today update is not available yet (for Mac)?

• Your program version is 4.03.01.01 but it should be 4.03.01.03.

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I confirm that the beta update that I had today at 6pm (May 8th) is 4.03.01.01 (20230505). And not the 4.03.01.03.

At 10.30pm, I retried again, the same, no more update (for Mac). I even launched an install checking which is alright.