South West England Photo Scenery - a couple of questions

• Hi,

I'm keen to fly over South West England with hi-resolution photo scenery in the awesome simulator Aerofly FS 4 :)

I have a couple of questions. I'd be grateful if someone could answer them. Apologies if this information is available, but I haven't been able to find it.

I've located:

SOUTH WEST ENGLAND PART 1.zip

SOUTH WEST ENGLAND PART 2.zip

South_West_England_Part_3_IZ0JUB_2020.zip

South_West_England_Part_4_IZ0JUB_2020.zip

South_West_England_Part_5_IZ0JUB_2020.zip

which are in:

addons/scenery/... [FS2] .../eu_gb (great britain) South West + East England all Parts by IZ0JUB 2019

I see that the parent folder is labelled [FS2], but it does say "elevation & images — addons work with FS4 and FS2"

I am happy with the default elevation and cultivation (which I believe refers to the 3D objects). It is primarily the higher resolution photo scenery I'd like to install.

I believe I need to:

1. Create folders in Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\ (e.g. "South West England Part 1")

2. Insert the relevant downloaded folders, e.g. map_09_7d80_a980 (images only, not cultivation/places)

• Is this correct?
    • Do I need to disable the default scenery?
    • Can I install the cultivation/places as well?
    • Should I also install South West England files from "Even more missing England Files"? (Overwriting the files?)

Thank you IZ0JUB - you are a star :thumbup:

Much appreciated for any help with this.

Nick

Edited once, last by nick_the_ninja: Typo (May 7, 2023 at 11:03 PM).

• Hi Nick,

This refers to my old scenery with cultivation I made back in 2019 for FS2, however the images are OK to use in FS4.

South West + East England all Parts by IZ0JUB 2019 - Flight-Sim.org
    Main images are courtesy of both ArcGIS and Google and hand edited.
    flight-sim.org

From the link above you need to download South West England 1 through to 5 and you only need to use the images, do NOT install cultivation/places.

I disable all of the default Europe in my FS4.

Kindest regards, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Wow - works like a dream! I am blown away by this scenery :)

Did a little sight-seeing last night - a low level coastal flight in a Boeing 777 (Oculus Rift-S).

Thank you Michael :thumbup: 8)

Padstow Harbour, Cornwall:

(I was there for Obby-Oss day a week ago)

Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, Devon:

(Where I grew up)

• My old FS 2 scenery is looking OK. I'm working on new photo scenery for the South West England which hopefully will be available later this year. In the meantime enjoy what you have!

New photo scenery South West England UK for 2023.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited 2 times, last by IZ0JUB (May 9, 2023 at 10:42 AM).

• Hi there I am new to this method of copying FS2 scenery files over to FS4 and I am getting nowhere unfortunately. I have copied all the scenery files to the 'documents/Aerofly fs4/addons/scenery/balearics/' folder. I have just spent the last 5 hours trying to find out how to get them to work in FS4. When I load the game it is the default scenery I see not the user created ones. Can you please advise me how to get them to load in the game. I have the Fs4 deluxe package with US and Europe plus the extra planes.

Your help would be very much appreciated as I am getting nowhere.

Steve...

• Here you will find some basic information about FS2 and FS4 (please use a translator if necessary):

In principle:

• This data from FS2 can be used in FS4 without restrictions:
      - elevation
      - images
    • With a little adjustment and then some restrictions, this data from FS2 can be used in FS4:
      - airports

Cultivations can also be carried out in airports, sometimes with greater effort.

It's also worth taking a look at Flight-Sim.org, because more and more scenery from FS2 is now being transferred to FS4.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

Edited 2 times, last by ApfelFlieger (January 6, 2024 at 11:03 PM).

• Than you for your swift response. I have searched that page already and cannot find where it tells you how FS4 will load the user files instead. Do you select the from within the locations page in Fs4 or somewhere else. It must be something simple I am missing. I have double checked my user scenery file locations and they are in the correct place. I do not understand why Fs4 is not seeing them. Do I need to disable the default 'eu folder somehow?

Steve..

• On my Mac it is saved like this:

• FS2: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery
    • FS4: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• In FS4 I use my user folders like this using Fuerteventura as an example:

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery/airports/eu_es/gcfv_fuerteventura_airport
    • /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery/elevation/eu_es/fuerteventura_island
    • /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery/images/eu_es/fuerteventura_island

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: