IPACS, Why Not Hire A Summer Co-op Student to add G530

• Hey IPACS, in the good ol' USA, companies (both private and government agencies) have the practice of hiring summer co-ops (usually college students for just the summer break) to do little odds and ends jobs both to give them relevant work experience and to evaluate for potential future full term employment and pay them pretty much minimum wage and minimal benefits as temporary hires. In your case, I recommend taking a summer co-op from your local college/university who has 3D Blender skillset (even an art major maybe) an task them with modifying your SDK DR400 to have a G530 + G430 combo replace the existing analog radio navigation instruments. That would also allow you to verify that your existing codebase support for G530 and G430 carried over from AFFS 2 still works or debug it so that it does work. Then once that is known, if there is still time left before school starts have them work on the C172 and Baron 58 to update those to G530/G430. If time runs out, then at least you know it works and once your full time 3D artist finishes mucking around with all those jetliners, maybe they can spend a month or so doing the update for the C172 and Baron 58.

• Hey IPACS, in the good ol' USA, companies (both private and government agencies) have the practice of hiring summer co-ops (usually college students for just the summer break) to do little odds and ends jobs both to give them relevant work experience and to evaluate for potential future full term employment and pay them pretty much minimum wage and minimal benefits as temporary hires. In your case, I recommend taking a summer co-op from your local college/university who has 3D Blender skillset (even an art major maybe) an task them with modifying your SDK DR400 to have a G530 + G430 combo replace the existing analog radio navigation instruments. That would also allow you to verify that your existing codebase support for G530 and G430 carried over from AFFS 2 still works or debug it so that it does work. Then once that is known, if there is still time left before school starts have them work on the C172 and Baron 58 to update those to G530/G430. If time runs out, then at least you know it works and once your full time 3D artist finishes mucking around with all those jetliners, maybe they can spend a month or so doing the update for the C172 and Baron 58.

I'm curious about the Answer from IPACS.

Now that's a bit of an exaggeration to meddle in IPACS Business. You certainly know better how to run Your Business.

• The GPS was never debugged properly, the FS2 Arrow alway had a bearing and distance for the first waypoint displayed and we had to look up fix, nav aid etc. lists to get reliable information. We were never told if not fixing it was thanks to IPACS or JustFlight.

The GPS devices never appeared outside JustFlight add-on planes for FS2.

I don’t remember any fixes or updates for the JustFlight planes, things like the balance ball moving in the wrong direction were not sorted out. There was some GPS work done getting the display scales and magnetic bearings right, I think our friends in IPACS did it.