Passenger Views in VR

• I am not happy with the passenger views in VR. What is maybe ok when not in VR does not work in VR. The wing views are outside of the fuselage and the primary view direction is wrong as it is not in the forward direction of the flight. If I compare with passenger views in the C90, the Baron , Cessna or LearJet where I am inside the fuselage, sitting in the seat and looking forward, it is different in the big airliners. I tried to understand the tmd file but no luck. Who is able to modify the tmd or explain me how to modify the tmd section of the big airliners wing views so that I sit inside like a passenger and can look out of the window by moving my head in VR?

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Hi Thomas,

You have the explanations on this thread, maybe it will help you, or if not send me a PM.

Good evening ;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Thank you, Pascal. But it is a VR problem, for 2D it might be fine, however in VR it feels strange if you are 1. outside of the fuselage and 2. your default view direction is not correct in forward direction as your seat is. The default view must be the same as in cockpit. It is correct in all GA aircraft. In the airliners in Aerofly I am sitting 90 degrees shifted when pressing key 2. Default view should be forward and I have to turn my head when I want to look out of the window as in a real plane. The passenger views now are not made for VR users.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Official Post

The view position is on the outside for a reason, because there is no cabin modeled for most airliners. We are currently evaluating if perhaps we can create a generic seat and window model for all aircraft that is visible when you sit at the passenger seat. But at the moment we do not plan to model each cabin of each airliner as this takes a lot of work and requires a bit of performance to render and is almost never visible.

• Thanks. There are seats and I do not care if they are of bad quality, however your idea of a generic seat and window would be perfect. There is no need to model the whole cabin in high quality.

What I do is using the replay function for friends and let them use the different views in VR while in replay.

Regards,

Thomas

• We are currently evaluating if perhaps we can create a generic seat and window model for all aircraft that is visible when you sit at the passenger seat.

Please, do not spend resources on the cabin interior at the expense of important functions. And don't waste fps for this kind of gimmick. :!:

Edit: Existing view from the "cabin side" is already in place and works excellently. :thumbup:

• These are usually not the same people: 3D design and function programming.

If you have VR then you would not say that passenger view works excellent.

Regards,

Thomas

• Thomas, it is clear that you cannot compare with this. (MSFS) For me, I don't even want to see that kind of picture above, and let's keep in mind that it's beautiful from the outside. ;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Definitely not, Pascal. But again, this is not the issue, it is still nice to look out of the window in VR even if the seats, the window and the wall are in low resolution. The immersion is there. You cannot compare a 2D screen view image with the VR experience, believe me. I invite you to check this at my home.

I do not see the necessity to have an interior like in your pictures. This is a fps hungry solution that does not make any sense.

I am still most of the time in the cockpit. But I found a solution for the window views in VR.

Regards,

Thomas

• I'm not going to impose myself on the VR experience, I don't have it yet. Question of immersion, yes, FPS level, no, I run on average between 120 and 140 FPS, it all depends on your PC configuration, and you have to choose these addons carefully so as not to arrive in the descent into hell. Now concerning the cameras, it's just optional, the idea of squatting from the inside as well as from the outside and also taking stock of the finish. But everyone has their own piece of the pie. ;)

Good evening

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• As Jet-Pack (IPACS) mentions above most of the airliner interior is not modeled. There are airliners where the fuselage is not even double faced, that means from inside there are no walls visible. One literally sits outside. The pictures above are from the 737 and this one is by far the one with the nicest interior. Beside of the Boeing and Airbus family I also checked the Q400, the Concorde and the CRJ 900. Only the Q400 has an interior similar to the 737.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited once, last by TomB (June 1, 2023 at 11:55 PM).

• I have a perfect passenger view in my Extra 330 LT, especially in VR. :P :saint:

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (May 31, 2023 at 10:46 PM).

• Adding more features in the game can increase the hardware configuration load, which may lead to a decrease in fps, but this is a normal phenomenon. Officials are a bit too cautious, shaping the interior of the aircraft by adding some economy class seats and more comprehensive window modifications. It cannot be compared to fenix a320, but it always brings some good results. We are always very careful, considering performance so carefully that some very small changes require a long wait time

• I found out that only one view also displays the pilot in the cockpit: <[camera][CameraRearSeat][]

and there is no possibility to have another view where the pilot is shown. This means when you have something like <[camera][CameraLeftWingView][] inside the cabin and you look forward then there is no pilot in the cockpit, quite a scary situation. This is the case int he LearJet, King Air, Baron and also in the Cessna.

Dear admin : does only [CameraRearSeat] trigger a pilot flying the aircraft? Why?

Regards,

Thomas

Edited once, last by TomB (June 9, 2023 at 9:44 PM).