New Steam Release with A321, Antares 21E, ASK-21, Winch Launch and Glider Tow

• Post by HasiTasi (May 15, 2024 at 11:44 AM).

This post was deleted by Jet-Pack (IPACS): off topic (May 15, 2024 at 12:17 PM).
  • Would love to see videos of glider towing by aircraft and winch with this new version, specially in the K21...

Any links?

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

• The IPACS-team have made a very good job with this great and beautifull update. I enjoy every flight with Airbus A321.

Thanks for the correction of the ILS rose mode from blue to magenta. All works fine.:thumbup::)

But ,Yesterday I looked to a detail and saw a little Issue. - It is an arrow on the ILS needle. This is not correct. The arrow must be only in VOR-mode

I flow over FFM-VOR and the magenta arrow change from the To to the From opposite site.

Maybe , the VOR-mode is connected with the ILS-mode. I have made 2 pictures , of Aerofly FS 2 (like in the real Airbus , without an arrow) and a

picture of Aerofly FS 4 ( with an arrow).

I would be happy, that I can see an correction in the next little update

Aerofly FS 2 , the needle is like in real Airbus without an arrow

Aerofly FS 4 (after the new update, with an arrow at the needle)

• Thanks so much Aerofly team for these free updates - please keep them coming, they are all very much appreciated!

I just spent as very enjoyable half hour fliyng the Antares powered glider over Germany in VR - really fun and relaxing!

• Hi.

Besides the problem with the trim tab of the Cessna 172 I mentioned before, I noticed other things.

The turn coordinator is electric, but if the battery and the alternator are switched off, it still works. Also, the vacuum pump turning off seems to have no effect on the directional indicator or the artificial horizon. And there's the pitot 'head'.

Apart from that, I love the Cessna in Aerofly FS4

Nuno Felix

• New
    • Official Post

Hi.

Besides the problem with the trim tab of the Cessna 172 I mentioned before, I noticed other things.

The turn coordinator is electric, but if the battery and the alternator are switched off, it still works. Also, the vacuum pump turning off seems to have no effect on the directional indicator or the artificial horizon. And there's the pitot 'head'.

Apart from that, I love the Cessna in Aerofly FS4

Thanks, yeah these things are all on the to-do list for the future. The spelling error for pitot heat should be easy to fix through...

• BTW, are reciprocating engines already modelling leaning ?

Can the effects of leaning / enriching mixture effective and observable for instance through FF and / or EGT gauges ?

Thanks!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Edited once, last by jcomm (May 24, 2024 at 8:34 AM).

• The EGT doesn’t rise as best mixture is approached, it just falls on the lean side. There are a few signs that not enough programmer time was spent in real planes. The wild manifold pressure changes with propeller pitch/engine speed look as if the inspiration came from pilot instruction books rather than observation of live flying. It means the Baron yaws as the blue levers are pulled back. In theory there should be a detectable change but even looking for it I never saw it.