CFM Sound Improvement??? A320/A321

• Hello,

Can anyone share videos of the new CFM sound from the cockpit view? Is it more realistic, or does it still sound too high-pitched? Is the engine "note" audible when compared to videos like this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• The takeoff starts half way in this video. It’s not exactly like the one you posted but it’s a significant improvement over the current CFM sounds.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The takeoff starts half way in this video. It’s not exactly like the one you posted but it’s a significant improvement over the current CFM sounds.

I'm referring to internal sounds. These external sounds have existed since FS2022 and are great. The interior sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

-Thekingbuji333

It sounds better... a noticeable improvement is felt, thanks for the video... although I still prefer the sound of the new IAE V2500, it sounds delicious

• New
    • Official Post

You should compare internal cockpit videos to internal cockpit sounds in Aerofly FS. I think the CFM isn't too bad actually. When you go to the forward passenger view you should also hear the fan a bit more... but towards the rear you can almost not hear it in real life either... so it's actually somewhat close to the original IMO.

Regards,

Jan

• You should compare internal cockpit videos to internal cockpit sounds in Aerofly FS. I think the CFM isn't too bad actually. When you go to the forward passenger view you should also hear the fan a bit more... but towards the rear you can almost not hear it in real life either... so it's actually somewhat close to the original IMO.

let me congratulate you on the sound of the beautiful IAE V2500 engine it is fabulous... the CFM56 engine sounds great, I just wish it added more volume to the roar of the engine when it takes off that howl should last a little longer and sound louder... in In general, the two engines of the a321 sound beautiful

• let me congratulate you on the sound of the beautiful IAE V2500 engine it is fabulous... the CFM56 engine sounds great, I just wish it added more volume to the roar of the engine when it takes off that howl should last a little longer and sound louder... in In general, the two engines of the a321 sound beautiful

More howl would be nice for the CFM. And the wingview (central) views don't sound as they should.

-Thekingbuji333

• You should compare internal cockpit videos to internal cockpit sounds in Aerofly FS. I think the CFM isn't too bad actually. When you go to the forward passenger view you should also hear the fan a bit more... but towards the rear you can almost not hear it in real life either... so it's actually somewhat close to the original IMO.

Yes, but there is an inaccurate shrill sound. It is higher pitched than the "roar" of the engine, and does not sound accurate. The rearward views are fine.

Question: If I join beta, can I opt out at any time and will my stats/account remain the same?

-Thekingbuji333

• Yes, but there is an inaccurate shrill sound. It is higher pitched than the "roar" of the engine, and does not sound accurate. The rearward views are fine.

Question: If I join beta, can I opt out at any time and will my stats/account remain the same?

You can always opt out of beta at any time, since there is no online account system, your stats will be lost if you reinstall the simulator.