• I was making a short flight from Palma de Mallorca to Barcelona, everything was going well until at a certain stage of the flight the plane no longer followed the established route, the miles marked below froze and no longer moved... the worst of all was that I chose the heading mode to return to the correct direction of the route and when I wanted to make the approach I began to slow down from 250 knots to 210 to start applying the flaps and intercept the localizer, but the plane never slowed down despite putting the speed brakes to the maximum... it's very annoying since it caused me to completely miss my flight,

• Same issue happened to me before. But i got some tips to overcame that. 1st of all did you programed full FMC? And 2nd question did you start from cold and dark state?

Aeroflyer:!:

150000 Nautical Miles of flying done with Aerofly Global FS
    Longest Flight [VHHH-CYYZ] 15H25M 7589 NM B77W

Bluestacks 5 Emulator

• Same issue happened to me before. But i got some tips to overcame that. 1st of all did you programed full FMC? And 2nd question did you start from cold and dark state?

I don't regularly use the FMC because it doesn't have many functions... I plan the route in the start menu there I put the complete route, cruise altitude and the ILS of the runway or for landing there I also program the SID and STAR... I hardly use it the MCDU... and it started with engines off from the recoil... how were you able to solve that problem?

• I don't regularly use the FMC because it doesn't have many functions... I plan the route in the start menu there I put the complete route, cruise altitude and the ILS of the runway or for landing there I also program the SID and STAR... I hardly use it the MCDU... and it started with engines off from the recoil... how were you able to solve that problem?

I will tell you what i did and you can try if it works for you.

1st of all reinstall beta version. As you told me you start with engines off, once you have apu running go to FMC and go into FUEL PRED. There you will see on R3 a Option known as ZFW/ZFWCG. If you plan weight and balance put the ZFW as you have planned. If not put '' 70/28.0'' in that row. dont leave it black ( in orange boxes ). After that you will see FOB. Put 15.0 in that row. ZFW is not implemented yet in the sim but Center of gravity matters so make sure you put something in ZFW and FOB. But remember to set 28.0 in ZFWCG. Wrong value can make issue with aircraft.

One more thing you can do is to gradually reduce speed in 10kts Like from 250 to 240 then 230 like that. And you can use slight breaks if you want once you are below 200kts deploy landing gear and keep deploying flaps with the air speed. What i do while reducing speed is when i see that aircraft is pitching up slowly ( which means it cant maintain altitude at that perticular speed ) i set flaps according to speed.

if after all this problem persists then i think its a bug but it did solved for me by the method which i told you above

Aeroflyer:!:

150000 Nautical Miles of flying done with Aerofly Global FS
    Longest Flight [VHHH-CYYZ] 15H25M 7589 NM B77W

Bluestacks 5 Emulator

• New
    • Official Post

Ok perhaps the issue is just that, just like in the real airplane, deploying the speed brake to maximum raises the VLS, the velocity low speed, which is the lowest speed that the auto thrust will maintain. The VLS then rises above the maximum airspeed for the next flap (VFE NEXT) so you are essentially stuck at high speed, with speed brake deployed and with thrust in the mid range to keep the VLS. What you need to do in this situation is reduce the airbrake deployment so that the auto thrust can reduce back to idle thrust and reduce speed to a speed below the VFE NEXT.

To avoid this closely monitor the airspeed and instead of raising spoilers to max use flap 1 first once the airspeed is below the max speed for the next flap.

This is an issue with the real airplane, too, and I'm glad we unintentionally simulated this correctly without having to change anything, it just arises from the simulation ;)

• Ok perhaps the issue is just that, just like in the real airplane, deploying the speed brake to maximum raises the VLS, the velocity low speed, which is the lowest speed that the auto thrust will maintain. The VLS then rises above the maximum airspeed for the next flap (VFE NEXT) so you are essentially stuck at high speed, with speed brake deployed and with thrust in the mid range to keep the VLS. What you need to do in this situation is reduce the airbrake deployment so that the auto thrust can reduce back to idle thrust and reduce speed to a speed below the VFE NEXT.

To avoid this closely monitor the airspeed and instead of raising spoilers to max use flap 1 first once the airspeed is below the max speed for the next flap.

This is an issue with the real airplane, too, and I'm glad we unintentionally simulated this correctly without having to change anything, it just arises from the simulation ;)

I was on the approach with a speed of 245 knots, I wanted to lower the speed to 195 knots, I set the manual speed and it never went under a single knot, it remained at that speed of 245 and I activated the speed brakes to the maximum and it didn't help either. .. could not deploy flaps 1 at a speed of 245 knots

• I was on the approach with a speed of 245 knots, I wanted to lower the speed to 195 knots, I set the manual speed and it never went under a single knot, it remained at that speed of 245 and I activated the speed brakes to the maximum and it didn't help either. .. could not deploy flaps 1 at a speed of 245 knots

A good speed reduction to follow is: 250/230/220/180/160/VREF +5

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• Ok perhaps the issue is just that, just like in the real airplane, deploying the speed brake to maximum raises the VLS, the velocity low speed, which is the lowest speed that the auto thrust will maintain. The VLS then rises above the maximum airspeed for the next flap (VFE NEXT) so you are essentially stuck at high speed, with speed brake deployed and with thrust in the mid range to keep the VLS. What you need to do in this situation is reduce the airbrake deployment so that the auto thrust can reduce back to idle thrust and reduce speed to a speed below the VFE NEXT.

i wasn't sure if the A321 could extend full spoilers with AP on, guess now you gave me the answer :D

Kind Regards,

Dylan