Takeoff distance too short

• Hello Ipacs!
    This is Just a few things about the aircraft i'd like to see changed in the future.
    Apologies for anything wrong that is said.
    Most things are amazing and i love flying this aircraft.

Firstly The Flex Temperature on The A380.
    The Maximum is Flex 80, But Flex 80 is 90% THR.
    In my opinion a 10 percent derate for flex 80 is unrealistic.

the pictures below is a etihad a380 with flex 70.

it may be hard to see but 70 is giving off around 66% THR.

takeoff runs in the sim always feel really fast.

Even if i am wrong, for the sake of flight simulation widening the THR gap between each temperature would be lovely.

Next is the Autobrake and Reverse thrust.
    now i get you said before they need to be powerful for RTO's

But especially since the sim doesn't have a weight and balance system for now.
    degrading their strength similar to the 747 or 777 would make things feel so much better.
    autobrake low only on the a380 feels like autobrake 3 with 50% reverse on the 747 or close.
    and adding reverse thrust turns every landing into a RTO.

also:
    is the derate option intentionally not working on the A380?
    and the a320 and 321 have infinite flex temperatures.
    i personally dont mind but im sure someone else would.
    LASTLY
    i could have sworn in 2021 assumed temperatures worked.
    now you can only fix derate and not combine both.
    if i am wrong, dont hesistate to add that in.

and other than that everything else is good.
    ty!

• Thanks for the feedback. Yes the takeoff runs are short right now. That is because we are below the max landing weight of the aircraft, so without the additional mass of 150 tonnes of fuel. That is quite noticeable in the takeoff distance...

I have a question about taxing the aircraft with the engines at idle. I've noticed that when you start the plane in Cold and Dark mode, once you release the parking brake the plane starts to taxi, but when you start the engine running the idle thrust doesn't move the plane forward. Why doesn't it work the same way?

Edited once, last by Onizuka (May 18, 2024 at 11:51 PM).

• Thanks for the feedback. Yes the takeoff runs are short right now. That is because we are below the max landing weight of the aircraft, so without the additional mass of 150 tonnes of fuel. That is quite noticeable in the takeoff distance...

isn't that more of a reason to further derate the takeoff?
    the lighter the weight, the more you should derate
    do you mind also answering the other questions?
    thanks for replying!

• I have a question about taxing the aircraft with the engines at idle. I've noticed that when you start the plane in Cole and Dark mode, once you release the parking brake the plane starts to taxi, but when you start the engine running the idle thrust doesn't move the plane forward. Why doesn't it work the same way?

It's the same for loading in a takeoff, brake pressure is pre-applied bc why would u want the plane to start moving as soon as you load in?

• Sorry but I don't catch you

He means that normal brakes have some kind of default brake ON, and park brake is a different system independant.

If you have driven a car with brake assist for inclination... Imaging this is the same when you hold your normal brakes for some time... They will remain pressed unless you apply trust without needing to use the park brake for everything to prevent the plane to move on idle.

Aviate, navigate, comunicate. Keep the blue side up! (wink wink)

• He means that normal brakes have some kind of default brake ON, and park brake is a different system independant.

If you have driven a car with brake assist for inclination... Imaging this is the same when you hold your normal brakes for some time... They will remain pressed unless you apply trust without needing to use the park brake for everything to prevent the plane to move on idle.

I understand now, thank you

• I feel like the new A321 can takeoff too easily. Flaps 1, 80% throttle, rotate at around 140 kts, and it can takeoff in less than 25 seconds.

Am I doing something wrong? Are these settings too strong?

I'm curious, is this a similar situation to the A380 since there's no weight and balance implemented so the A321 has to be underweight?

• I feel like the new A321 can takeoff too easily. Flaps 1, 80% throttle, rotate at around 140 kts, and it can takeoff in less than 25 seconds.

Am I doing something wrong? Are these settings too strong?

I'm curious, is this a similar situation to the A380 since there's no weight and balance implemented so the A321 has to be underweight?

The climb rate is a bit too high too. I've noticed, as I said, +4300fpm climbs around 13000ft.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• The A321 aircraft is quite light so that the v speeds remain similar to those of the A320. Of course the takeoff distance will be shorter and climb rate would be much higher with this low mass. It's just physics, reduce the mass and the acceleration and climb rate will be much higher.

Once we add fuel and payload the A321 will naturally need a higher lift off speed and the climb rate will be decreased automatically.

In regards to idle thrust: this also depends on the mass of the plane. The friction increases with the weight force. The assistance auto brakes holds the brakes for you when you are standing still a small nudge on the thrust levers and the plane starts rolling away. Releasing the parking brake also disengages the assistance and the plane starts rolling. So to be realistic, when you come to a hold just set the parking brake and when you want to continue taxiing release it. Then the airplane behaves naturally without any assistance interfering. The slope of the ground obviously also changes how much thrust you need or if you need to brake all the time. Idle N1 is also higher at higher elevation airports (bleed air demands, etc...) which may end up increasing the idle thrust.

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) May 19, 2024 at 9:10 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Airbus A380.” to “Takeoff distance too short”.