• Also, I can't seem to discern a difference of more than 5% N1. This is quite unrealistic as the CLB rating is not that "overpowered." I've flown on many a CFM A321 on TO/GA and seem to hear 2 separate thrust reductions within 3 seconds of each other, representing over a 20% N1 decrease. Hmm...

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Hello,

I noticed that the maximum N1 ratings for CLB and MCT are identical, at 100.5%. Is this realistic, or is this an oversight? What climb N1 do real CFM A321s use?

I don’t know the actual values but it would make sense because MCT stands for maximum continuous thrust. I guess that could be used during climb. And after all the A320 in CLB would not use max Engine Power the whole time.

• I don’t know the actual values but it would make sense because MCT stands for maximum continuous thrust. I guess that could be used during climb. And after all the A320 in CLB would not use max Engine Power the whole time.

That's my intuition. CLB N1 incrementally increases with altitude but shouldn't be the same as MCT (which is always raised by a given value) during the initial thrust cut.

-Thekingbuji333

• Well, I've set the max takeoff, max climb and max continuous thrust N1 based on the actual thrust produced during a static ground test and compared them to the EASA engine type certificate data sheet (TCDS). The N1 in the sim is what ever was necessary to math the real world thrust rating. As the aircraft climbs higher and the Mach number increases that thrust starts to change and the N1 requires isn't constant. The climb thrust N1 is capped below the max continuous thrust N1, so they could be the same at high altitude.

If you have a video showing just the engine display and lower ECAM from takeoff all the way to cruise or engine data of the real aircraft with recorded OAT, ALT, TAS, CAS, MACH, EPR, N1, selected thrust rating, etc. of the A321-213 or -231 that would be very helpful for fine tuning the engine. But most videos just show the display once and not throughout the climb.

Regards,

Jan

• 2 thrust reductions can be heard:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have some more videos that are less vague and will upload them later.

-Thekingbuji333

• 2 thrust reductions can be heard:

I have some more videos that are less vague and will upload them later.

Can the strobes be more faster on the A321/320, and why doesn’t the CFM in game sound similar to these vids, the one in game has a horrible sound while the new IAE’s sound is basically on point except for idle when it sounds off. Jet-Pack (IPACS)