Concorde ground speed adjusted?

• So it’s been a while since I’ve used the Concorde but every time i get up to cruise, around Mach 2.02 - 2.04, the ground speed is always in the 1160s at flight level 600. I’m flying it again and it seems to only be able to do 1036 knots. Was something changed or am i going crazy?

(Images attached, first one from December 2022 when Concorde released and 2nd from today)

• So it’s been a while since I’ve used the Concorde but every time i get up to cruise, around Mach 2.02 - 2.04, the ground speed is always in the 1160s at flight level 600. I’m flying it again and it seems to only be able to do 1036 knots. Was something changed or am i going crazy?

(Images attached, first one from December 2022 when Concorde released and 2nd from today)

Have you heard of wind?

Best,

War

Aerofly Global (IOS) Iphone 12 Mini

• It’s doing Mach 2.04 in the second picture!

Yes but 0.04 of a Mach speed is not representative of over 100 knots ground speed.

Have you heard of wind?

Yes, I have. Don’t treat me like a child. I don’t play with wind enabled and even if I did, the maximum component is around 40 knots. Not anything like 100.

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Phil747 into this post. (May 23, 2024 at 11:07 PM).

• Yes but 0.04 of a Mach speed is not representative of over 100 knots ground speed.

Yes, I have. Don’t treat me like a child. I don’t play with wind enabled and even if I did, the maximum component is around 40 knots. Not anything like 100.

We don’t appreciate how alien the world at 60,000 feet is. It is above most of the atmosphere, the air density compared to mean sea level is 9.49%, the pressure is 73 hectopascals vs 1,013 hPa at MSL.

From the excellent earth.nullschool.net site, the live wind speeds at 250 hPa/mb or 35,000 feet and 70 mb or 60,000 feet.

35,000 feet. A conventional airliner today could pass through the snaking jetstream three times crossing the Atlantic Ocean. Concorde would pass that level on the climb and on the descent. 166 km/h is approximately 89.5 knots.

60,000 feet. Truly above the weather.

• We don’t appreciate how alien the world at 60,000 feet is. It is above most of the atmosphere, the air density compared to mean sea level is 9.49%, the pressure is 73 hectopascals vs 1,013 hPa at MSL.

From the excellent earth.nullschool.net site, the live wind speeds at 250 hPa/mb or 35,000 feet and 70 mb or 60,000 feet.

35,000 feet. A conventional airliner today could pass through the snaking jetstream three times crossing the Atlantic Ocean. Concorde would pass that level on the climb and on the descent. 166 km/h is approximately 89.5 knots.

60,000 feet. Truly above the weather.

I just said, I don’t use aerofly solo with wind enabled and Jan has already said there’s an issue. Wind *cannot* be the cause of over 100 knot ground speed difference if I don’t use it and if a developer has already acknowledged the existence of an issue. Thank you.

• Post by Overloaded (May 28, 2024 at 1:48 AM).

This post was deleted by the author themselves (May 28, 2024 at 11:13 PM).
  • Used to be in the 1160s range. No idea how it changed between one sim and the next but hopefully Jan can take a look at some point

I guess either it may have something to do with the algorithm that calculates GS at Concorde in that specific panel. I believe it's truly moving at the right speed but just shows a faulty GS in the cockpit instrument. Worth checking that algo first, Jan...?

Btw if you sometime need some extra pair of hands (or eyes) checking something related to algorithms, or code, I'm your guy (that's what I do). Give me a PM if you need me to help out.

IPACS Support

Aviate, navigate, comunicate. Keep the blue side up! (wink wink)

• New
    • Official Post

I guess either it may have something to do with the algorithm that calculates GS at Concorde in that specific panel. I believe it's truly moving at the right speed but just shows a faulty GS in the cockpit instrument. Worth checking that algo first, Jan...?

Btw if you sometime need some extra pair of hands (or eyes) checking something related to algorithms, or code, I'm your guy (that's what I do). Give me a PM if you need me to help out.

IPACS Support

The problem is already fixed on our side, has nothing to do with the Concorde or wind. Not sure when the fix will be rolled out, I thought it was already included in the last update.

• The problem is already fixed on our side, has nothing to do with the Concorde or wind. Not sure when the fix will be rolled out, I thought it was already included in the last update.

Thank you Jan.

So we only need to wait for the next update.

Updates could be just for rolling out fixes, not just novelties... Pass that up to management if you are so kind 😅

Aviate, navigate, comunicate. Keep the blue side up! (wink wink)